Level 10 Air Pollution - Smog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Today, we hit Level 10 air pollution just before this graph was published

_73993597_air_pollution_thursday_624.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26863228

I had the surreal experience of gazing across open fields at a horizon wreathed in smog!

Quite an odd experience!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Its those dirty foreigners I tell ya, bringing all their pollution over here stealing our jobs. :naughty:

Been similar here for the past few days. Good storm and a bit of wind is needed.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Looks terrible in norfolk, anybody there ?

I bet it brings it home how close even the countryside is to the modern world?

bad here, if thats just pollution then its bad news. The cars and busses belching out fumes in the city, what we need is gas lpg cars, it would clear the air, rather than diesils and there dioxins and petrol and there contaminents.

We need a good bit of rain, or then again maybe we've had enough, stiff breeze, err......

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
level 8 here, the east seems to have got it worst. 10 is the highest i wonder how you'd now if it went above that. its like a foggy autumn day.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
We had it a bit for a few days but it's all clear up here now. Very weird it was too. Hope it clears soon! :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Ben like that here for a couple of days now, wasnt helped this afternoon when the meadows were sprayed. Its so bad out there with out any wind you can taste it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It looked like that all the way from here down to Ayr today, but it was just smirr :sigh: An entire world of damp unrelenting greyness.

I hope those of you afflicted with the smog have a brisk cleansing wind asap.

M

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
My little lad (5) had big problems breathing on Sunday - he doesn't have asthma but was really wheezy. His resp rate was 60 and his pulse was 150-180bpm so I got him down to the emergency doc. It was only when I saw the news that I realised the dust may have triggered it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
BBC weather speaks of unsettled breezy weather coming from the South West overnight, so that should clear it, hopefully.

There's been an unpleasant whiff to it here all day today and a haze with a wierd green tinge to it; go away, says I !

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Good clean sea fog here. I hate breathing crud, I remember that raw lung feel and black sneezes that central london gives me. You all have my sympathy, I hope everyone is fine. We are all breathing here. we can find camping room if anyone needs it.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The advice from Norstradamus was "live in the West!" and yet again he has been proven correct!
Nice clean (if damp) Welsh air here :)
For all you poor folk suffering from the pollution ... are you getting good sunsets as the sun sets through the clag?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The air is too thick and manky to see the sunset here, still waiting on the wind to come and blow it away

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Just grey damp fog here , its been like that all week, it usually goes by 1pm but comes back by 6.pm with visibility down to about 100 metres.
But on the good side the experts on the telly reminded us that its 100 times worse in china !! POLLUTION SMOG NOT FOG THAT IS ! LOL

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The air is too thick and manky to see the sunset here, still waiting on the wind to come and blow it away

It's definitely thick and manky for sure... it was a struggle for me to walk the dogs this morning, had to stop and use my inhaler a couple of times which I don't normally do :(

I'll be glad when it's gone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE