Leupold Mark 4 M1 clone scope

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Leupold Mark 4 M1 clone illuminated mil-dot scope

This is a sales thread but also a little bit of a review because I'm genuinely amazed at these.

There has been a lot of interest in these scopes at my gun club's but a few horror stories about dodgy internet sellers in China and the US prevented us from trying them so i sourced them and organised a small group buy.
As is often the case with group buys some people have been slow to pay so I'm selling the last remaining scopes to get back my cash :mad:

Most HFT shooters seem to be using Mil-dot scopes now so i wanted to try one on my AirArms S410.
It suits the little AA quite well, the proportions are about right and looks very purposeful.

447_4797_1.jpg

Firstly they are not as has been rumoured on some forums "back door" Leupold's.
They are pretty good copies but they are not genuine Leupold's (Despite what it says on them):rolleyes:

447_4781_1.jpg

With a 30mm tube, and a 40mm objective the scope is bright and the optics are really very good, not Leupold quality but certainly not the usual "milky" picture you expect on a cheap scope.
The sight picture is as good as the top end Simmons and Tasco's that i have been using for years.
They come set up for rimfire ranges and i re parallaxed mine to suit airgun ranges, it's a 2 minute job and pretty much the same as on a proper Leupold - with the side wheel turned full forward and scope set at full mag simply unscrew the front ring and screw the front lens in or out until the scope is in focus - put the front ring back on and the job's done, scope will now focus from 10 to about 75 yards.

447_4799_1.jpg

3.5 -10 variable magnification and the reticle is a true Mil-dot.

447_4780_1.jpg

It has a side wheel parallax and tactical style turrets, the side wheel is smooth and the turrets click positively, returning to zero after dialling.

447_4790_1.jpg

The illuminated reticle is a real asset for HFT in dark forest's or rabbit's at dusk.
It has 11 brightness levels

448_4801_1.jpg

The last Leupold i bought was £1000 and i paid £40 for a sun shade, these come complete with a sunshade, a set of mounts, scope covers and flip up scope covers!

447_4796_1.jpg

Spec's

-Matte Black finish
-Target style adjustment knobs
-1/4 MOA windage and elevation adjustments with 15-MOA
of adjustment for each revolution
-Fully multicoated lenses for unsurpassed light transmission/contrast
-Illuminated Mil-dot reticle (11 brightness level)
-Nitrogen filled
-100% Waterproof/Fogproof/Shockproof
-Actual Magnification: 3.3(3.5x) 9.6(10x)
-Length(in): 13.8
-Objective Diameter(in): 1.83
-Eyepiece Diameter(in): 1.55
-Weight: 630 grams
-Eye Relief (mm): 117(3.5x) 91(10x)
-Obj. Lens Diameter: 1.575in / 40mm
-Field of View @100 yds (ft): 29.5(3.5x) 10.7(10x)

All the markings are nicely done, crisp and clear they are better than on most other scope's i have used ,all in all this looks and performs way above anything in it's price range.

447_4778_1.jpg

Anyway I bought a dozen of these to get them at a good price , we got hit for duty but they are still an absolute bargain.
I'm left with 3 but I'm taking a second one to put on my new CZ Varmint when it arrives so i have 2 for sale at £70 + £10.00 carriage (RM Signed For), PP is +4%.

It's not in the same league as a £1000+ Leupold but it's definitely on a par with anything in the £250 - £350 price range.
These are probably the best value in rifle scope's available, new or second hand.

rb

Reactions: morch

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Both sold but might have another for sale in about a week if my mate doesn't pay up for his :rolleyes: so PM me if your interested.

rb

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
wortbag said:
I'd be sending you a "yes please" if my air-rifle took a 30mm tube! :(

These come with weaver mounts , some airguns accept them but i already had a set of 30mm Sports match that suit dovetails.
30mm mounts are pretty cheap now that so many scopes are coming in 30mm.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
wortbag said:
Sorry mate, I've got an early Theoben Sirocco, the one with the solid mount attached to the top. It's only good for 1" scopes. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Now that's a classic rifle, when i bought my first air rifle the Sirocco was my dream gun.
It was in a different league to the HW's, BSA's and Diana's that i could (just) afford.
I remember there was one in my local gun shop and it was kept under lock and key with the "proper" guns rather than in the rack with the air gun's.
That was back in the day when Theoben used decent timber for the stocks.
Cheers
rb

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Ok, looks like i have another of these up for sale so if anyone is interested PM please.

Cheers
rb

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Should have made this post a while ago :eek:

The scope arrived and whilst i don't consider myself an expert at shooting / guns / scopes, i have to say that this is by far the best scope i've ever used, and for the money was an absoloute bargain.

Cheers Lawrence

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE