Legs and Bum!(is this allowed?) What do you wear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Light weights do me - although I also like and wear craghopper kiwi trousers - anything poly/cotton generally works being reasonably tough and quick drying.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I have a pair of Mountain Hardware overtrousers that I don't wear because I can just see them getting ripped within seconds of getting out!

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Paganwolf said:
i've snagged up on barbed wire also when i've been out shooting imagine tearing the butt out of a £100 quid pair of paramo's :yikes: :cry:

The good thing about Paramo stuff is that because it doesn't rely on a waterproof membrane, you can snag it on thorns and it remains waterproof. If you tear it. it can be sewn up. Unlike G*****x :lol:

I believe that it's a case of "Horses for courses". I am a member of a search and rescue team so my kit demands for that situation are different to when I'm out in the woods. But I am definately a paramo convert :super:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I go for the short cotton karki shorts right up until I can no longer feel my legs through cold and then switch to the old brit army lightweights....but I have to agree about their lack of fire resistance...I once saw a guy with his melted onto his legs, it looked horrid but then he should have known better than to play football with a parachute flare!!!!
If you can hold out from the cold with shorts you'll do just fine, nothing in the world is as waterproof and breathable as our skin....speaking of skins...
Does anyone ever try to make leggings out of the skins from the bunnies and squirels you all seem to be shooting? ? ? I'm told buckskin leggings and shirts are ideal outdoor wear....sort of Tom Brown Jrn style! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE