Legendary knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Hoodoo said:
Growing up on a farm, I can't think of any kids or adults I knew that didn't have a slipjoint of one kind or another in their pocket. A stockman was probably the most common. Barlows were pretty common as well.

Funny that you mention that, Hoodoo. When my Grandfather died, I found an old Barlow slipjoint in his toolbox. It's actually not a bad little knife, razor sharp carbon blades and I'm guessing delrin scales. I have no idea how old it is, but the knife holds some nice memories.

Adam

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
i would add the WS 1986 survival knife that used to be in the survival aids colog
like the dartmoor but with a eye cut out i used look at it and think "that's the knife"
but my first poper job about 1992 i got one- nice to look at and play with-to use i
hated it even after years of rambo copys it is just too thick to cut well
i kept thinking "you'll get used to it lofty's got one and the sas "
but it ended up back in it's box til last year £400+ on ebay boy was i a happy bunny!

Simon E

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
3rd Planet from the sun
When we Brits say 'Penknife' I think the majority of us would say this fits the bill.

W40W.gif

image from tout-lemonde.com

I think this is to Brits what a Stockman is to our American cousins.

I don't really know if it would fit into this thread as the OP wanted, but its such a looker and for 14.75, can you live without one?

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
reading this article i just been reading this and set me thinking about myfirst knife dr my dad,merchant swan at time,gave me a green river knife and marlin spike in same sheath/liked knives at time made me love them:D

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
How can the billhook in its many designs be missing from a list about blades that have shaped how a mostly UK crowd think of woodcraft?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE