Legendary Dutch Wool blankets back in stock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I put my name on the list for one of these , I got one a while back and use it as a matchcoat, very warm, now the wife wants one...

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Just nipped in to see Kevin at the shop and he kindly sorted me out with one of these beauties and a HH fleece. Both gorgeous (blanket and fleece, not Kevin. Not that he's not a handsome chap of course. Errr. I'll stop talking now). Come on then Jack Frost. Let's have it! Your mother was a warthog and your father smelled of elderberries!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Come on then Jack Frost. Let's have it! Your mother was a warthog and your father smelled of elderberries!

Never, ever provoke Jack Frost! Believe me, it's no fun seeing him at your window when you close the curtains at night.

[video=youtube;DJAgFSdboLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJAgFSdboLw&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I feel a miss communication afoot?

I'm completely lost here.

To be clear

Endicotts have been keeping a waiting list for these blankets since February to my knowledge. The first half of their new stock has been consumed by that list. If you drop them an e-mail they can add you to that l;ist for when the next batch arrive

Okay?

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Yup If people want one for sure, go with the Endicotts route.....
My comments were with refference to this from LBL....
Looks like if I am to do a GB on this one it will be January. I'll keep you posted.

no need to worry about it.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
lucifer193......British red is not the one who mentioned the Group buy......i'd re-read the thread...no one has set one up as this is not the group buy forum...

Littlbiglane did mention it but said it would be January-ish

If you want one contact endicotts direct.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Blast. Just called Kev and he's got no blankets left, and the HH fleeces are only available in smaller sizes. Should have moved faster...

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Okay....I have taken the time to read this thread now and have previously over-reacted. Sorry guys. What a twit. Grrrrrrr

Hey. No miss communication by either BR or myself. If you read the thread I posted that they were available. BR (and a few others) have expanded on this by explaining that most have been allocated and a fresh batch of 100 are coming in...sometime in January. I'd have thought a GB was an option and I did say IF...and I say again IF I was to do one then it would be January (when they arrive). Please note that I was not the first one to suggest a GB either.

Also - note - this is not under the GB section of the site - so it ain't a GB...As BR says....a sensible 'other' option may be to drop Kev an email and I am sure that he'll drop you a line when they are in stock - but I'd rather not second guess his arrangements as its Kev who has to deal with all the extra admin, not me :). When January comes I'll drop him a line and have a conversation about them. No promises. None made.

For those who have done GBs...... will know what a nightmare they can be. So...give people who organise things like this some slack: especially when they get emotional at the end of sh*te day :eek:

And there is no list that I am holding for this so please don't PM me to go on a list. IF i do...then everyone will know about it clearly and unequivocally. Okay? :)

Sheesh, I know I should have not given up drinking for Christmas....

Last edited:

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Brilliant thread it reads like a monty python crossed with a some mothers do av em sketch!!! Well funny....... are they any good them blankets then?
Dave

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Soooooooooooooo glad you are entertained :)

Blankets are the best ones I have used. I use them to carpet my tentipi 9 but others have made Bush-shirts from them (see the GB thread), poncho liners, mittens and even gilets with them. They are dense, warm and have a very slightly felted quality to some of them. On the downside they are heavy and rather drab. But I am sure that you'll get many glowing reviews on here. There are few of these left and will get rarer. There is a reason that Kev ran a waiting list on these and people were prepared to wait months and months to get one.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
For those who are after a blanket , may i suggest thinking about what you want it for? The Dutch ones are indeed great bits of heavyweight kit. They are also Very thick , a bugger to stitch ( apparently ) and very , very heavyweight.
The Polish/Russian One Endicotts also have in stock also look good , lighter fabric I think and possibly worth considering.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
For those who are after a blanket , may i suggest thinking about what you want it for? The Dutch ones are indeed great bits of heavyweight kit. They are also Very thick , a bugger to stitch ( apparently ) and very , very heavyweight.
The Polish/Russian One Endicotts also have in stock also look good , lighter fabric I think and possibly worth considering.

Spot on observation. Stitching these you need an industrial machine and plenty of stamina!
Am unsure though if the Russian ones are 100% wool. Should check first.

Last edited:

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Sorry for thread jacking a little...........But how do they compare to the Belgian blankets? Any ideas anyone?
I'm hoping to use them in an ancillary sleeping capacity with a lightweight down bag, or for warm summer camping.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:)

Sorry for the hijack LBL, when Kev rang me I said "how many you got?"

"How many are sold or reserved?"

"Want me to warn the guys Bcuk?"

Yeah please - I'll have another 100 in January but they are going fast

Wasn't trying to store up controversy - just pass on the message from Endy's

FWIW I also use Belgian army blankets (dark green), in Kevs own words

If a blanket is rated 0-10, British Army are a 2, Belgian 6 or 7 and Dutch 8 or 9

HTH

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE