Legal advise please.. help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I can see that this is a very frustrating time for you, and can only empathise with you, however I read some of the posts and worry about what advice people give. Self defence being one of them, he came up your drive with a knife out, your advice was to use deadly force... I would highly recommend not doing this, just lock your door.
Yes you have a right under common law to defend yourself, however proving that this was the only option is for you to prove......
I must have missed the post where someone advised her to use deadly force defending herself. I did indeed express regret to Nice65 that such wasn’t an option in his example. I also regret that castle doctrine doesn’t apply there.

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
You're misreading what I said, I never implied that I think you're not all there, it was unclear from your post how you'd hidden from the police and I was trying to give advice on what they might think not knowing you and hearing someone else's perspective as loudly as your own. I'd tried to give advice on recording what was happening and also getting others to do the same. I'd also said I can understand how you feel. Sorry if it came across wrong. Hope you get it sorted, guess that's the problem with the internet. Here's the UK official advice, although no doubt , as it's an ongoing problem you've already read it and followed it, so sorry if it's patronising.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/problems-where-you-live/complaining-about-your-neighbour/

Rich
Sorry as you may understand I'm a mite touchy at present and also known for plain speaking. I have had police cameras before setting up straight after an incident but I was only allowed them for 3 months. The week after they were taken away he set too again. It looks fishy don't you think?

Reactions: rich d2

samobaggins

On a new journey
Mar 26, 2014
Bicester
Sorry as you may understand I'm a mite touchy at present and also known for plain speaking. I have had police cameras before setting up straight after an incident but I was only allowed them for 3 months. The week after they were taken away he set too again. It looks fishy don't you think?

It shows that he has some brains. And I’m sure the police cameras weren’t to covert either. If your able to set up something covertly then that would help. It’s a pain and a bill that you could do without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: santaman2000

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Maybe Fate did not want you do not contribute to the mayhem the protest is causing.
Yes perhaps I should be just like everyone else. Keep my eyes tight shut and pretend nothing is wrong and not worry what state the world is in when my great grandchildren are born into it.. after all it won't affect me I'll be dead! So why worry?

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
One piece of friendly advice I would offer is that this is an open forum that anyone can view, including the other party to this, so best to keep things private, in your own interests. :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Is the police lack of reaction due to the fact the OP has two wheels?

Unlikely. More likely that they have picked up on the militancy that supports causing mass civil disruption. The organisers of the demonstration in London wanted the police to have to arrest as many as possible. Not best course for getting local police on-side.

Paraphrasing...
"I am a straight talking fighter who will stand up for what I believe and will take action, inconveniencing and endangering others by tying up London's police....and I want the police to take my side because my neighbour is an abusive lying bully."

Your neighbour probably thinks he is doing the right thing too, and the police have to figure out the truth between the two of you.

I think you need to gather video evidence before you speak or write to another person. Without video/audio evidence, it is your word against his, and from what you have said, he is a lot better at presenting himself to authorities than you are. If this were not the case, you wouldn't be here, matters would have been dealt with, it wouldn't have been you that got arrested etc. My view is that the more people you contact, without additional evidence, the more bridges you risk burning.

Chris

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Excuse me! Inconvenienceing others and tying up London police ???? What are you talking about? I am not that sort of person and believe me saying things like that on an open forum is deeply insulting as I am not there and was not asked to go untill after the incident anyway.
I felt I should be there but I'm not. I am not willing to go do stupid things like tying myself to trucks and getting arrested anyway. Iit seems all you are worried about is the inconvenientcentre rather than the inconvenient truth. But as toddy says this is not the place for politics or making silly remarks about poeple I asked for legal advice and help. If you can't do either then please don't say anything. You are making assumptions that are not right on someone you don't know on very scanty information in a public place. If you cannot make a legal or positively helpful comment like most nice people here then please button. Glib comments are not helpful thank you. I will leave this thread here as I don't need any more woody bashing. I'm already at my wits end thanks for giving me a great start to the day! Over and out for now

Last edited:

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
What are they protesting against?

What have you got ?
91c050e0e4b08ca7ea433ecc39fcd520.jpg

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The Ultimate Biker movie.
He rode a Triumph I believe?
Even in those days a HD was more or less considered substandard!

One thing those London protests showed me was that there seems to be an agent that dissolves Cyano Acrylates ( Superglue) which I would find very useful to have.

Does anybody know anything sbout that?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Woody Girl,

I understand why you say I am bashing you, but that was not, and is not, my intent. I really hope that you are able to find a solution to your problem.

Tengu put forward a reason for a lack of police interest. I put forward another.

You did say that you would have been in London, and you did say you were at Greenham. If these are things that you feel you should participate in, it is possible that in the long period over which you have been having these problems with your neighbour, the local police have formed some impressions that might not favour them taking your side.

Wearing your beliefs on your sleeve, and telling people just what you think, can make people...less receptive. I said what I think, you think I was insulting you, you tell me to button it and go away. I think you may have done the same, at some point, with the police. The way to overcome this is with the video evidence that I and others agree you should obtain.

I don't know anything about discreet video cameras, but if anyone does, and you, or they, wants to make a collection, I am happy to contribute.

Good luck.

Chris

Reactions: Toddy and oldtimer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE