Leather sheath Maker needed

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
If you don't mind posting it, I can vouch for the quality of Rapidboy's work.

DSC00275-2.jpg

Simon

leon-1

I am not in the area, but just to clarify for others. You want a custom sheath for your Kuhkri, however you want someone in the South East that can make it. This is where the questions start.

Did you want it traditional style?

The traditional ones that I have come across are wood / bamboo lined with the leather / hide stretched over the outside, have you an old sheath that this can be taken from as a donor?

Some of the sheaths have brass fittings, would you require them?

What sort of cost are you looking at?

These are all things that you may expect to be asked by anyone who is willing to take on the project.

Good luck with your search.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Just to be clear - no disrespect intended to any party and not hijacking thread etc. If you read this with any chargrin, please believe its misinterpretation. Any issues, please just PM me etc.

At risk of furthering rumours that Dougster and I are planning to elope hand in hand, I just couldnt let his comment pass by.

Not seen Rapidboys work in the flesh, but from photos and glowing praise via Dougster I can easily believe its of the highest order.

Post not aimed at Rapidboy but at Dougster.

You see he is convinced that his stuff is never 'quite right'. On the positive that is a great traight for a craftsman. On the negative side he's driving me up the wall:rant: So I probably read more into his note than anyone else.

I have had quite a bit of stuff off Dougster - with more to come. I like it. If I wasnt such an IT clutz I'd have posted the pics by now.

He handed me a beautifully done Bahco sheath last time he was up - only to apologise for the 'FLAW' before I'd even got thank you out! Aaaaaargh!!! Have to admit that after two weeks research at the Aberdeen Materials Testing Facility, their scanning electron microscope did find the 'FLAW'. :rolleyes:

Apologies for the rant/ hijack - but hopefully you will agree for a good cause.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I'm in North London, near Watford.

I'm not too sure about making a traditional Khukri sheath, but if you want one in the style of the ones pictured above I can do it.

There are some examples of my work under 'creations' in my photo gallery here.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I'm in North London, near Watford.

I'm not too sure about making a traditional Khukri sheath, but if you want one in the style of the ones pictured above I can do it.

There are some examples of my work under 'creations' in my photo gallery here.

Another vote for Shep here, some lovely stuff of his has gone recently. Only a little bit of time on the M25.:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE