leather sheath for knife and catapult

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was asked by one of our great members, to make him a leather sheath for his becker, and his catapult, he really liked the sheath that i done for the becker bk2, but wanted me to incorporate the catapult uses into the sheath.
he wanted this in a nice dark brown, and to have black stitching.
this was a challenge to get just right.
hope you like it.

IMG_5095 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5104 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5108 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5110 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5121 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Nice work Lee.

How long did it take you?

Would have taken me forever.
id say about 10 hours mate. with waiting for the dye to dry and that type of thing, what take quite a lot of time to be honest, is not the making for me bud, its the working out how it will all sit together, and the designing it, thats takes the time, when thats done im away, if that makes sense.

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Exceeded all my expectations and then some. Beautiful craftsmanship, so excited to take it into the bush. Thank you again :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Whoa! That's different, clever design too. Nice one Lee, very nice indeed.

But...

The 73rd stitch down in the welt shown in the second picture is askew. So I can only give you a "very nice indeed" instead of a "perfect" score. Nice try mate, don't give up your day job. :deal: :lmao:

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
very nice sheath!
if I could find a design like that for my BRKT gunny, I would buy it tomorrow.
thanks for the kind words guys, they mean a lot.
i have the bark river gunny mate, if this is something you want to discuss just let me no mate.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Whoa! That's different, clever design too. Nice one Lee, very nice indeed.

But...

The 73rd stitch down in the welt shown in the second picture is askew. So I can only give you a "very nice indeed" instead of a "perfect" score. Nice try mate, don't give up your day job. :deal: :lmao:
You bad person, I nearly yes nearly looked at the stitching then, but I no there is not one out as it would not have left the shop lol.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
You bad person, I nearly yes nearly looked at the stitching then, but I no there is not one out as it would not have left the shop lol.

I got Hamish just the other week with a similar remark, what surprises me is that you almost fell for it too. Sorry for the causing alarm, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. You are both far too good at your trades to allow glaring errors out of your workshops. It really is a lovely piece of work. If it were mine it would be in a frame on the wall never to be used in anger ... Hmmm that's a point - can a sheath on its own become a drawer queen?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE