leather sheath for deval bushcrafter.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I was commissioned by our very own JD, to make a leather sheath for his deval bushcrafter, he wanted a scout carry sheath, and an option to wear vertically, when required, he also wanted this to be compact, so i didn't put the leg retention tab, at the bottom, and slimmed the welt up for him, and took it as close to the knife as i could with out compromising the sheaths integrity.
he wanted black stitching, and the name of the knife on the sheath, it has my usual retractable retention strap to aid with deployment.
so this is what i made him.
hope you like it.

scout carry for deval bushcrafter, with th option of verticle carry. by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

008 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

010 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

013 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

014 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Wicked, that's everything I wanted it to be. It'll really do justice to the knife it is going to clothe......

02Jan201216.jpg

Can't wait to get them together.

Cheers Lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
It's left handed that's why. You would never have noticed the difference if I hadn't told you.

Best make her one mate, exactly the same. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise.
propper giggling here.
will do bud.
emma, do you want your initials putting on?
and if so what are they.
i no that it will be E.D but do you have a middle initial?
or would you like it plain.

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
Make it just the same as donkey brains there. That way if I break it, I can swap it with his without him noticing. Deval is my name too. But I wear it so much better.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It arrived today. Cracking sheath. Tooling, stitching and overall quality is outstanding. It really sets the knife off and gives me multiple options for carry that I've been wanting for this knife for a few years now. The knife fits like a glove, which is no mean feat as it is a very odd shape that isn't the easiest to make a sheath for. Cheers Lee.

P1000653.jpg

P1000654.jpg

P1000655.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE