Leather quiver buid along

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I Like that one.... :).. can see a few of them being made, maybe with some MOd's :).. I got some ideas, lol

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It wasn't the one I was going to make, but I think it may be now, I have more than enough leather for it :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great tips in that lot.
I am still sketching my first ever quiver. Have the leather waiting to go but it's not something I want to get wrong given the dimensions.
I do like those types of quiver but I prefer something that's going to keep the weather out. I also want and integral braver, a compartment for spare string, points and nocks. Plus a takedown bow and arrows.
Hence stil sketching lol

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
That's a nice build-along and a lovely job he's made of it.
Must be five years or so since I made one of those. Only quiver I've used since. :)

Just thought I'd mention that if you heavily wax it(heat while brushing in molten beeswax) those two reinforcement strips aren't required. The wax'll solidify the leather and it'll hold it's shape fine.
Will be noisier though - my arrows tend to rattle a bit. Meant to add a wee sheepskin cuff round the inside of the neck to shut them up but still haven't got around to it.

Last edited:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Here's some footage of one in use if you flick to the tail end of the vid.
Looks like I'm adjusting or fixing the quiver each time but it's just a habit I have of pushing my fingertips into my side to make sure the glove's all the way on. The quiver doesn't tend to move (while making the strap I included a section done as a mystery braid. That bit runs over my shoulder and grips more than a bare belt - stops the quiver from dropping it's tail end).

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Nice work:)

I've been looking at quiver patterns there's a few out there. Tandy leather do a pattern pack download (Pdf) with both side and back quiver patterns (costs a couple of quid to download). Both have pockets.

I've just made myself a leather field quiver, I'll post a photo up later if folk's are interested?

Rich

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Yeah black sheep please do. I've started a archery post on here link it on there also please, I look forward to seeing what you have done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE