Leather patches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Ok! Mummy has a been busy sewing like a demon! No pressure, anyway this is where we wanted our patches put.

Thanks again Trev, very happy, now off to the woods, to make mummy some lunch and coffee!

Patches on Packs 002.jpg Patches on Packs 003.jpg Patches on Packs 004.jpg

Patches on Packs 005.jpg Patches on Packs 006.jpg Patches on Packs 007.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ok! Mummy has a been busy sewing like a demon! No pressure, anyway this is where we wanted our patches put.

Thanks again Trev, very happy, now off to the woods, to make mummy some lunch and coffee!

View attachment 23492 View attachment 23493 View attachment 23494

View attachment 23495 View attachment 23496 View attachment 23497

They look cool on Ivan, "The bushcraft family" to the tune of the Adams family :) Kids'll be happy with them. Have to make Alison an extra nice coffee for that.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Erm I'm trading for leather so don't panic yourself bud
And just an extra heads up matey the thread is in the swap shop for a reason .

Still really payment but in kind.....? on a regular basis?.. only playing devils advocate...

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If the Mods have Ok'd if ok then , to me it just seems that your taken commissions for payment in kind.... sorry but its the way I see it..

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well I can assure you are seeing it wrong skill trades go on all the time on this forum and I for one partake in this opportunity

Skills trades do go on and that's what makes this form good... but you clearly state in your original post you did these patches as a commission thus bypassing the maker rules.

It's not the only time you've stated you've taken commissions either...

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Skills trades do go on and that's what makes this form good... but you clearly state in your original post you did these patches as a commission thus bypassing the maker rules.

It's not the only time you've stated you've taken commissions either...

Where is the word commission in my thread nowhere I traded fair n square as I do all the time

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I will be very careful, as i have used my brownie points this week! But i originally contacted Trev, re making me some patches, and asked how much, he clearly stated to me that he was not allowed to charge me money, re the BCUK, maker rules. (I did want a load more!)

Trev, expained to me that he was cautious about, becoming a maker, for various reasons, he has a baby due anyday, and that he was concerned that it may not be economically viable, with funds being accounted for, but he also said, that if there was enough interest in his leather tattooing, that he would make that jump.

So i swopped some stuff, for the patches, which i believe is allowed.

Ivan...

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
i dont see what the problem is here, i know makers are not allowed to tout for commisssions but theres nothing saying that your not allowed to take them if someone asks you. as ivan approached trev theres no issue apart from maybe this thread being in the wrong section?

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
i dont see what the problem is here, i know makers are not allowed to tout for commisssions but theres nothing saying that your not allowed to take them if someone asks you. as ivan approached trev theres no issue apart from maybe this thread being in the wrong section?

I didn't even see it as a commission as I explained to Ivan my status ( ie I'm not maker or maker plus) so cannot except money I then proceeded to ask if he had any camping item to trade so we did so ,I've done nothing wrong

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
These patches and any other tattooed leather as well as engraving or filework I would now like to offer my services officially .thanks to all for your overwhelming support and great comments

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE