Leather Holder For My New E-Cig & Quitting Smoking Attempt.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi....my son Olivers godfather, Pat, recently got himself an e-cig and hes been doing pretty well on it since....which was enough to spur me into having a go myself.

i've seen loads of people using these, as you all have.....and from what i've heard, some people either dont get too far and/or end up addicted to the e-cig itself. i've also been dubious about replacing one set of chemicals with another and so on....i've also heard people can develop tight chests, coughs, etc.....so i'm posting all this up not only to show off my leatherwork but also to help anyone in a similar situation as myself....

anyway, with Pat to guide me we hit google and this brand seemed to be pretty darn good, not only on the quitsmoking websites but also on youtube etc....the parent company is U.S. but theres a U.K. branch too.....i looked and saw the prices, went on carp-bay and found a dude called Julius selling them.....for what turned out the best price i could find.

after some usual carp-bay silliness involving their new global shipping programme the very helpful Julius and i managed to get the deal done and today my new e-cig arrived.

ready for this................? i havnt had a fag in 4+hours. thats the longest in years, since i was last attending the local clinic and using nicorette inhalators, chewing gum, patches, the lot.

ok its early days yet and yes i've been enjoying myself and occupied making my new holder instead of prepping for the bushcraft show but trust me i'm very excited. i dont want to be dead before my kids are ten.....and being an old dad its something i think about regularly.

Pat and i also researched the liquids involved and found a company called Jac Vapours to be among the best. i bought strawberry chew and raspberry....the strawberry is very nice so far. these liquids come with two different chemical bases....one can cause slight side effects such as heavy chest in some people however it holds a better taste.....the other type is nicer to use and produces more smoke but doesnt hold flavour so well......i think thats right anyway....and i got the 18mg nicotine strengths.

so.....to the leatherwork....i had noticed that people who use these had to keep them in a pocket and being rather large, thats gotta be a pain....so i had a quick look on carp-bay to see what the carry options were......cases....pretty pointless.....and very cheaply made 'sheaths' that looked flimsy.....etc.....so out came paper and pencil and about 3 hours later baddabing:

i hope tony wont mind me putting the following up in this case considering its about health and potentially saving lives and helping people out....

Julius' carp-bay username is saveline313 and hes a very helpful and friendly dude.....the product i bought is the V2 Pro Series 3 Premium 3in1 Vaporizor in black....he also stocks extra accessories and other kit options.

if youve been sitting on the fence about getting an e-cig, at this point in time i'd recommend giving it a shot. not only have i not had a fag all afternoon but i dont desire one whatsoever.

good luck and i hope this helps, any questions, please ask.....(and yes i can see why people get addicted to these.....but its gotta be better than smoking right? and it works out soooooooooooooooo much cheaper....i just hope that 20 years down the line all us e-cig users dont start dying of some as-unknown new illness.....)

regards

sonni

http://www.jacvapour.com/

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Buddy I'm delighted!

This is such a big thing for your whole family. I know how tough you will find quitting.

Supporting you every step. If I can turn my eating and exercise round you can do it.

Quality leatherwork as always.

Go Sonni!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Go for it, Sonni! Once you get a start on it, it's not as bad as you think.............four and three-quater years now for me, and it's great; I'm conscious of how much better I feel every day :)

I didn't use an e-cig, but I don't see that it makes any difference how you quit as long as you do......Good luck to you matey!!!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Good on ya Angst, it's near on 4 years for me now and i couldn't have done it without the ecigs. A 40 + a day roll up habit and I've not touched one since.

I reduced the nicotine strength over a 5 month period untill i was just "vaping" I .then put the device away and it worked. I wish you well Sir.

Nice bit of leather work by the way :) very handy.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
2 years for me now, gave up cold turkey and I was quite a heavy smoker for almost 40 years so it can be done, not saying it's easy though finding somewhere to bury the bodies of people that were stupid enough to talk to me in the first week was the most difficult. first 4 days was the worst after that you can say to yourself "I've gone this long so I know I can do it" It's not so much 'needing' the smoke it more breaking the habit of automatically lighting up at certain times, after a meal, or with a coffee, sit down after work, or even the lights are on red while your driving.....even now 2 years later I automatically think Ciggy at certain times but now it only lasts literally seconds and is no problem. I really did feel the difference health and fitness wise very quickly, you really don't realise how bad you have got until you start to feel the benefits of stopping. believe me it really is worth sticking at it and if you need a bit of an incentive collect up a load of your old tab ends and stick them in a jar half full of water, give it a good shake and every time you 'need' a smoke take the top off and have a sniff......that's how you smell to none smokers, I promise you lighting up will be the last thing on your mind.....Good Luck, it's not easy but it really is worth it.

D.B.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I tried just about everything and eventually gave Allen Carr Easyway £200 for a Sunday afternoon's brainwashing. :)

Wish I'd done it sooner (don't we all?) - now have COPD. :(

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
thanks for your support guys and being from people i respect and look up to it means a lot....hopefully will help through the darkest parts and dreadys comment will make me chuckle too....dirty man.

brain damaged....yes mate....after my main meal last night twas a bit of a struggle but worked out ok.....fortunately i only eat once a day so thats a battle i'll have a third as often as most people lol.....(here comes the ''sonni, you should eat better....eat ya veg.....breakfast is the most important.....'' yeah yeah lol)

i've had one roll up, this morning when i woke....i suspected thats when i'd find it hardest and sure enough it was.....i knew straight away upon waking.....i wake up really badly.....really badly....again due to my messed up hours etc.....takes me a good hour before its safe to come near me....really is a case of 'lights are on but sonni aint at home''......usually its 3 large mugs of sweet tea and three fat kingskin-rollies before i start to occupy my body properly.....

i decided i didnt want to affect the mood of my day and battle from the start (could quite possibly lead on to something more volatile) so i rolled one up and i've been on the e-cig ever since and i'm good to go.....so so far i've had one smoke in 24 hours.....thatll do nicely for now.

i hope your copd aint too bad bilmo.....by the sounds of it you had the strength to sort it when necessary and thats a thing to be proud of m8.

regards

s

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Right, well, don't dwell on the 1 fag! You did great!

Might need to think about changing your morning routine to break the craving that comes with your current one.

Blimey! What a turn around.

Every faith in you mate. You are a strong willed (oops nearly swore) and if you turn that on this addiction you will just shut the door on it.

Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lolol frank....''a strong willed nicotine and cigarette addict'' i think you meant.....not nearly so strong willed without them haha.....still going well.....28 hours now with only the one smoke this morn....

s

Right, well, don't dwell on the 1 fag! You did great!

Might need to think about changing your morning routine to break the craving that comes with your current one.

Blimey! What a turn around.

Every faith in you mate. You are a strong willed (oops nearly swore) and if you turn that on this addiction you will just shut the door on it.

Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ah yup, edited.....on top of quitting smoking i also need to become 'professional' so you all tell me, though i'm not really sure what that means or how it applies to oneself lol.....things easily confuse me as you know.....and its easy to forget because of familiarity that young'uns are on here....

something nice happened earlier in skype....young Luc/Floki....who just turned 16 yesterday, messaged me saying 'well done'. felt quite strange getting that from a nipper. gotta admit i felt quite foolish.

and if i ever catch my kids smoking there'll be whuppins' going round.....

but i have to say.....i have also eaten 4 bags of crisps today.....which i've never done before.....i'll be 40 stone next time you see me....but smokings gotta be pretty much the most stupid addiction of all....at least crisps taste good....

s

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'm off them almost 5 months now through using one (bar the odd cheeky one in the pub) keep it up sonni

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
nice one mick.....luckily i dont drink very often nowadays but it will be interesting to see how i cope with a pint of the black stuff in one hand and an e-cig in the other....i'm dreading it lol

s

I'm off them almost 5 months now through using one (bar the odd cheeky one in the pub) keep it up sonni

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
nice one mick.....luckily i dont drink very often nowadays but it will be interesting to see how i cope with a pint of the black stuff in one hand and an e-cig in the other....i'm dreading it lol

s
Aye it's a challenge! Look into rebuilding and dripping it's much cheaper. Using them camping is an issue for recharging. Hence my recent curiosity for a biolite

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE