Leather for sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chubster

Mar 19, 2006
Shrewsbury
Hi I've been tinkering making some knives, but I'm having difficulty finding some veg tanned leather for the sheaths. I got a local saddler to make one but to be honest I think I could do just as good as he did. I've looked at some saddlery web site but you can only order a full back which is too much. Has anyone any ideas or know a web site cheers?? :confused:

Jon

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 28, 2003
England, half way down
http://www.leprevo.co.uk/straps.html

B004 is natural veg tan

B007 is dyed black or brown.

The straps are about 44 inches long.

The good bit is you tell them how wide you want the strap.

priced pro rata ie, a 2½" strap = price of a 1" strap x 2.5

I bought a 4 inch wide natural strap for sheath making some time back. It worked very well.

I hope that helps

Jon.

Don't forget you may need an awl, two needles and some thread as well. :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have some tanned stuff you can have - I'll chuck in a 1.5mm drill bit which I use for the stitching holes. Just PM me and afterwards pay postage (bit brassic at the mo) and it's all yours, I'll send enough to have a good play and get sorted.

Richard

Reactions: leon-1

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
For a regular supply of smallish amounts of leather - and other knife making kit as well as all sort of country sports materials try Attleborough Accessories www.attac.com . Imho they are the best around and give supurb service.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
John Fenna said:
For a regular supply of smallish amounts of leather - and other knife making kit as well as all sort of country sports materials try Attleborough Accessories www.attac.com . Imho they are the best around and give supurb service.

I must say I quite fancy a piece of the ‘tanned hide’ on offer in the Screensaver on the far left of the ‘popup’ window that loads in the browser from this Link :D

Much obliged to you, John, for this welcome diversion :)

Best regards,
Paul.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
TheGreenMan said:
I must say I quite fancy a piece of the ‘tanned hide’ on offer in the Screensaver on the far left of the ‘popup’ window that loads in the browser from this Link :D

Much obliged to you, John, for this welcome diversion :)

Best regards,
Paul.

LOL....

I think he meant: http://www.attacc.com/

I dont think i got the same popup as you as mine was an umbrella :dunno:

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
andyn said:
LOL....I dont think i got the same popup as you as mine was an umbrella :dunno:

Hello andyn,

<uncontrollable giggling>

Commiserations on the umbrella, this is what I got - Those of a Politically Correct persuasion or of otherwise delicate disposition should not click on this URL T7b2aK/PSS_04july.jpg

Best regards,
Paul.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
I've just got a columbo side from leprovo. It's got some marks and holes but it'll make no end of sheaths and pouches, even working around the imperfections, it was about 25 quid for 10 ft2

I suppose it depends how much you are planning to do but even though this is probably a year or so's supply I'll get through it eventually and it's definitely cheaper to get it piecemeal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE