leather cost in small qty.?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
Hi - what would be the usuall price per sq.ft for say 4mm hide? I know there are a lot of variables but ball park would be close enough.

Cheers

tel

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
4mm can be hard to find. Le Prevo do 2.5 - 3mm for less than £4.00 a square foot (before VAT!). I go to reenactment fairs to buy odds and sods in small quantities and it is relatively easy to find a bargain. (You don't have to go in costume! :))

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
i can do you a bit for a sheath
ive got a hide but dont really do leather work now as im Rubbish , dont enjoy it and take hrs (plus Kydex is Better ;) )

ATB

Duncan

I'm looking at a couple of sheaths worth - and kydex is a whole different world for a newbie like meself (I may be new but I'm very old!)

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
hi
i picked some off cuts of the bay fairly cheap.plenty to make a few sheaths and axe head cover and more.
ade

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
crikey Duncan - 5 layers? Never made anything before - let alone layered it! Patterns would be interesting though ... one will deffo be for the previously supplied blade, and another for the current file project. Sorry - on reflection I was a little vague ;) ... so if thats doable on that quote I'm more than happy :)

crikey Duncan - 5 layers? Never made anything before - let alone layered it! Patterns would be interesting though ... one will deffo be for the previously supplied blade, and another for the current file project. Sorry - on reflection I was a little vague ;) ... so if thats doable on that quote I'm more than happy :)

no worries will try and sort out the bits (if i dont .... PM me as a reminder )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE