Leather belt, phone pouch, and mini sporran

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
the past week iv been tinkering with making new things so here is a belt for my woman water gypsy, a phone pouch for a mate, and a mini sporran i made fae scrap tae test out a pattern i found on these forums.

Belt is 4mm veg tan leather embossed with ducks, wolf prints and norse runes translating her family moto "luceo non uro". its the first belt iv ever done so im pretty chuffed with how it turned out.

cimg0921w.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-02-18
cimg0922crfh.jpg

cimg0924.jpg

cimg0925r.jpg

cimg0926s.jpg

cimg0927.jpg

cimg0923i.jpg

cimg0933pf.jpg

happy chappy there!

phone pouch for my friend. he said do any design so couldnae help myself with another Valknut. tis made fae veg tan splits
imag0548f.jpg

imag0549o.jpg

and a mini sporran as a tester. i will definitly be making more o these twas a fun experience. for the button i used half an avacadoe seed. i used tae carve jewellery fae these and theyre great tae work with
cimg0894.jpg

thanks for looking.
Hamish

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh I really like all of those, though the belt in particular, dings my bell!

I love this sort of thing and we don't see nearly enough of it.

More power to your elbow, I'm really genuinely impressed:You_Rock_

sincere best wishes

Steve

Dreadhead

@Blacktimber wolf: cheers mate i just stencilled them out and hand carved each print seperatly. the ducks and knotwork arrow were stamps however

@Biker: i love working with avacadoe seeds tis dead easy just let them dry in the sun until they turn really dark and go hard. peel off the crusty outer skin and split the seed in half. once fully dried the seeds are as hard as stone just beware them being brittle. another way is tae carve them intae nice shapes when they are fresh as they carv like butter, then let them dry but you run the risk of them cracking. wish i had some pictures of the pendants iv made in the past

thanks for the comments folks really appreciate it. iv had a moan here and there about recovering fae operations (been 18 months of a crippled half-life now) so i can only work for 15 mins at a time before im back in bed so twas good tae have a fun task making the belt and sporran :D more tae come soon im sure!

Big T

Aug 12, 2011
Middlesbrough
Dreadhead how do you translate things into the Norse runes? What would the translation be for 'the elite cabin' or 'elite 'cabin'?

Dreadhead

Dreadhead how do you translate things into the Norse runes? What would the translation be for 'the elite cabin' or 'elite 'cabin'?

well first off there are different dialects of runes. i use Futhark which is the norse rune system. there is also futherk for anglo runes and im sure there is a futhorc. and for translation i either just translate fae english or latin straight intae runes as i dont know 'old norse'. or ill translate tae norwegian then put intae norse runes. a quick search on google should help you out otherwise if you want a norse runes futhark guide PM me your email and ill send you a picture with runes and their meanings. it is very basic and dead easy tae master

hope that helps
Hamish

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hamish

They are all beautiful mate.

The belt has given me an idea of what to do with a black belt blank that I picked up really cheap.

I sympathise with what you were saying about only being able to do a few minutes work without feelimg knackered. I have had a similar problem for the last 2 years and it frustrates the hell out of me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE