Learned any new skills?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Tiley, asymmetry is ok. some art forms strive for it. (Japanese, for example)

As long as you are making good functional spoons why worry?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Thanks for the reassurance! I think I would like to produce just one or two that are vaguely symmetrical before embracing the quirkiness of my clumsiness and errors. I reckon it must be a European/Classical thing.

The spoons I've made thus far are functional and the ones I've made as gifts are well-received. I'm sure that, eventually, I'll be able to embrace those little, niggling errors!

D

Deleted member 56522

I was just pondering the fact that I've not learned any new skills thus far this year and wondered if any of you have?
So, let us know if you've picked up any new skills this year, why you learned it and what you like about it, or them!
I learnt geology, knapped flint into hand axe, now can knap igneous stones into axe, still attempting hand drill fire lighting, started basket weaving, learnt common shells (not used yet), keep trying new plant materials for cordage ... learnt to identify sea weed ate a bit, but discovered some beaches have no sea weed. Learnt how to make primitive clothing. Tried a half dozen types of exotic fruit. Tried out some simple "doll scale" shelters. Learnt how to speak Chimpanzee ... went to the zoo, it was cold, wet and the single sole thing any said was "food" when the keeper through in the food.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Improving my foraging skills weekly. I am up to 134 wild edibles which all taste like crap. Give me pizza, crisps and ice cream any day. Sadly all will be in short supply though when the ****. I have been censored for writing the initials of When the **** hits the fan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE