LD Mountain Centre

Dan00001

Nomad
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I'd not heard of this outdoor company before. I was searching the internet for a new sleeping bag and a Rab Neutrino Pro 700 popped up in the results at a reduced price from this company. I paid £327 delivered. If you buy direct from Rab, they are £550, Trekkit they're £440.

Anyway, beside the fact I had a very good deal, I placed the order at around 22:30 on Friday night, Saturday morning my order was shipped (I wasn't expecting shipping until at least Monday) and I received the order about half an hour ago.

I'm not sure if there is a thread, or an appropriate place to post good feedback but I'm that impressed, I thought the company deserves some recognition.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Brought up in this shop since I worked across the road from it in 1983. Has a long history with famous climbers Chris Bonnington and Alan hinkes.
Worked there as well 1991. In the 1970s to 1990s it was vey popular. Since then don’t know a lot about it, only go a few times a year.
For me the best outdoor shop in the north east but from my above history a little biased. Think Joe brown shop in north wales as equivalant.

Reactions: Dan00001

Dan00001

Nomad
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Brought up in this shop since I worked across the road from it in 1983. Has a long history with famous climbers Chris Bennington and Alan hinkes.
Worked there as well 1991. In the 1970s to 1990s it was vey popular. Since then don’t know a lot about it, only go a few times a year.
For me the best outdoor shop in the north east but from my above history a little biased. Think Joe brown shop in north wales as equivalant.
Thanks for the history lesson, really interesting. I had noted that they'd been going a fair while, 1966 to be precise!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE