lavvu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Hey guys n gals. My unissued shiney polish lavvu came today. In have buttoned it together but near the top the buttons seem to "twist" a bit. Hard to explain but the way both ponchos go together isn't a nice smooth seam from back to front. Is this right? I know the shoulder bits should be outside and the little pockets at the apex house the pole. Anyone got pics of there's buttoned up specifically the top and the storm flaps.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi I have the shoulder flaps on the inside as per picture below

3aguha6u.jpg

tyme4ety.jpg

Hope this helps

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have mine set up the same way as Ricky although I cut my shoulder flaps off as I could not see the point having them inside.
I tried putting it up the other way round but could not get the apex to fold over neatly. I'm not sure if it was necessary but I put a coat of Fabsil on and not a drop of rain came in over a weekend camp where it was torrential rain!
The only pain with these tents is buttoning the last couple of buttons in the doorway. I feel a Velcro mod coming on for my Lavvu?

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
If you take a close look at my top picture you can see I've added some para cord as Dutch lacing makes it easier to do up the door and just peg out the last loop, if you need to get out in a rush pop out the peg and pull apart. I also fabsil my lavvu, not a drop of rain comes in.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2014
Poole
I got several of these lavvus, the are great. Yes the button thing is annoying. Nice an dark inside in the mornings, and i use my ammo can heater with it as well that keeps you warm. Good little lavvu, for what they are.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Ok after reading this I turned the lavvu inside out so the button flaps for the arms are outside. Sealed them shut inside with seam tape. Stitched the button holes shut on the door (by hand) :-(. Added 6 paracord loops for Dutch lacing. Added small paracord loops at the eyelets around edge to accommodate larger pegs if needed (carved etc). Painted it inside and out in fabsil. (Sheds water like a ducks back now!) and made a slight mod to the pole and a few stitches to the tip to hold it all neat. Resulted in a much better looking little tent and very water proof. Left one arm able to be opened and use a trangia in the centre with simmer ring on it to eat tent. Amazing. So warm and dry. No condensation. Love it. All for £25?? Love the canvas feeling compared to nylon tents. No poly bag sounds when wind blows.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
The Lavvu along with a set of heavy duty T pegs and plastic ground sheet fits perfectly in a canvas tool bag which can be had cheap on eBay.

I went with this one 400312678120 to keep the traditional feel to the tent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE