Polish Lavvu Mod Advice

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Wander

Settler
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I unearthed a Polish lavvu I bought some time ago because I'm going to be using it the week after next.
Now, I've seen a lot of mods done to these, all of which are good, but none I can really be bothered with (not quite true - wouldn't mind having a zip in it, but I only use it once in a blue moon so never quite get around to such a large undertaking).

But there is one mod I'd like to do before going out - attach a loop to the apex so it can suspended from a branch or A frame so I don't need the internal pole. Thus freeing up quite a bit of space.

Just wanted some advice, and ideally close up pictures, from anyone who's done this.
What I'd like to see is where you attached the loop - which flaps of material, etc.
Any good pictures illustrating what you've done would be gratefully appreciated. I want to get this done this weekend and the sewing machine is on standby...

Cheers.

Wander

Settler
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Cheers.
All done now.
A little bit of looking and a little bit of thinking and it was easy enough to work out the best way of doing it.

I love the lantern hanging over the front. Lovely touch.
How long did you cut the poles? I'm guessing about 8 foot?

henchy3rd

Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Don’t forget to tie a pine cone or stone inside top or you could tear it.
A chunky double way YKK zip works apparently, something I’ve been looking at.
Probably keep the other side as it is.(bottoned)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
If people are thinking of fitting zips, there is a brilliant and simple way of buttoning the zip system in place if sewing heavy canvas is impractical. Wish I knew of it, before I modded my lavvu(s)!

This is one of several vids on the subject:

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.