latitude for android

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Installed it, but it's vampiric on battery life so I never use it

Really? I dont find it that bad. Don't always use it with GPS just cell signal so maybe thats why I dont notice the drain. Only turn on GPS to be really accurate if someone is looking for me.

Is that the full name? Cannot find it on Market Place

Its not in the market per say its a layer on google maps. Open google maps and either in the menu or the layers button there should be a lattitude bit.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I haven't got an Android or Smartphone , so am I right in think this acts like a tracker feature over a map overlay?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Jeepers - the thread title sounds like the title of a science fiction novel!
Mind you half the world now sounds like science fiction to this Luddite....... :)

Mack_ire

I'm in... Will show up in Ireland... when it's up and running have used it to locate friends at a bushcraft site,
mack dot johnmack@gmail.com Also using the google mymap feature I have shared out Irish scout locations for camps from time to time. Technology has a place in my heart but so does the good old maps with a sixfigure grid.

DanBow

Nomad
Nov 29, 2010
Wrexham, North Wales
in Latitude, at the bottom of the screen there is a button that takes you to a menu. press the button with a plus sign next to a mans head and add from email. Just put an email address in.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Installed it, but it's vampiric on battery life so I never use it

I think you'll find Latitude makes little or no difference to your battery life. You are probably thinking about actually having the mapping application (Google Maps) open and using the GPS to constantly track your position. Google Maps does suck a lot of juice when its running, also using a map as "live wallpaper" sucks your battery dry in record time.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I think you'll find Latitude makes little or no difference to your battery life. You are probably thinking about actually having the mapping application (Google Maps) open and using the GPS to constantly track your position. Google Maps does suck a lot of juice when its running, also using a map as "live wallpaper" sucks your battery dry in record time.

It definitely drained my battery faster.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE