Latest slingbow

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Just thought I would post my latest slingbow.

I have recently been trying to broaden the reach of the UK Slingbow Archers Association that I started last year. In doing so I have been linking up with many US slingbow manufacturers and have recently set myself the task of creating my own slingbow design to possibly market and produce.

Anyway here it is, the stalker slingbow©, designed using the latest AutoCAD, then CNC programmed and laser cut from 6mm carbon steel. I have handled this first model with a simple paracord wrap however there will be options for custom handle scales similar to what you would do on your knife. I have also put doubled up 5080 tubing on this with a paracord knock through pouch and pull tab. Draw weight is set at 30# however heavy banding can be added.

2yhaqyha.jpg

3ymevamu.jpg

avu5a2av.jpg

matabeju.jpg

Anyways that is it for now but I plan more testing and videos on this soon.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'll be watching to see how this performs. I modified a Black Widow back in 82 when I was a nipper and was amazed how well it worked. A specific sling designed specifically for the job is pretty cool.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Yep. I have been constantly making and modifying and finally decided it was time to do it properly instead of just DIY'ing it from other items. I'll get a video up ASAP of it shooting.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Hi, I have just signed up to the UK Slingbow archers association under the name of Alex.

I am interested in making a Slingbow and left my details on your site. My iPhone was having problems so lucky for me to find you here too.

I have some very strong PVC pipe class E that I may use. I am having a problem finding a decent band to use, if I share a video with you could you suggest where I might find the rubber band from please?

I like the UKSAA group, I think it can grow and become popular as archary is a big part of our history, there's even archary earth mounds in our local park.

Anyway if I can help and learn then I will.

Good to find some slingbowers on this site.

Thanks, Alex.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE