Latest projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Out of interest, what wood is the fourth spoon in from the left made of? It has lovely grain!
I like that one too. Its Cherry. You get a similar pattern on most woods if you carve onto the curved outer surface of the split log.

Great work as usual Addo.
How long did the bow take to construct, and the arrows too?

Cheers
Bodge

Sent from my battle droid

Thanks mate.
Most of the work is in the bark extraction from the tree, so a couple of hours for that. The sticks are easy enough to find and cut after a wander around, so an hour if the trees are on site. Lashing it together thoroughally and refining the bark strips as you go, making the string, cutting the nocks two-three hours. So easilly done in a day when suitable Elm and Hazel are on site.

Arrows - Knap the head, 1 hour if having a good day and materials and tools to hand. Shaft takes a few hours to gather and straighten over the fire along with making the pitch ( resin gathered at same time) and then 30 mins to lash and fit the head with prepped fibres. Fletchings are the easy bit funnily enough as long as you whip with some prepped sinue/fine nettle and are lucky enough to find a few nice feathers while out getting the other bits. I'd like to think I could make a few in a day if on form and with the coffee on the go :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE