A few of the workshops expect at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Here'a few of the workshops, not all by any means but a taster...

• Spoons and spatulas
  • Wilderness Art
  • Take down bow saws
  • Bow making
  • Clay
  • Knife law and legalities of Bushcrafting
  • Paracord 'Things'
  • Nettle brooms
  • Forging
  • Sharpening
  • Green wood working
  • Netting needles or NW Pacific fish hooks
  • Kolrosing
  • Moth traps
  • Dye extraction
  • Printing with plant dyes
  • Insect ID
  • Traditional rope splicing
  • Navigation
  • Fly Swatters!
  • Needlework book marks
  • Exploratory Writing
  • Wild Swim - Maybe!
  • Fire skills
  • Bottle cap containers
  • Cooking
  • one pot challenge
  • Boomerangs
  • Atlatl throwing
  • Lashings
  • Cool dyed Leather purses
  • and more

Last edited:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I will be running a couple of carving workshops as well as bow making etc.

One carving session will be axe skills and safety. Sadly I cant cover safe axe felling as we would soon be unwelcome back.

An idea of the numbers of those wanting to make bows would be helpful so i know what resources to pack. BTW a day course Bow making with me would normally cost you £95.00

There will be a small cost for materials for the bow making as the cost of bamboo etc has risen horrifically.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I would like to make a leather belt this year, well a sam brown style actually. Any one up for showing us ?

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I would like to make a leather belt this year, well a sam brown style actually. Any one up for showing us ?
I will be bringing my daughter this year and doubt I'll have the time I'm afraid (she's a bit of a law unto herself) so if anyone is thinking "Tim'll probably do that" be aware I probably won't be able to run workshops as I'll be running after her - the wife has a broken foot so can't really keep up with her!

HeatherS

Apr 22, 2012
Horwich
Does this mean that there's somewhere local that we can get our wild swim fix from? We're going to miss the sea swimming.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
One carving session will be axe skills and safety. Sadly I cant cover safe axe felling as we would soon be unwelcome back.
If you talk nicely to the crew they might let you take down one of the trees earmarked for removal.

An idea of the numbers of those wanting to make bows would be helpful so i know what resources to pack. BTW a day course Bow making with me would normally cost you £95.00
As I mentioned in another thread I'd like to do the mini bamboo bow please Wayne

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Here'a few of the workshops, not all by any means but a taster...

• Spoons and spatulas
  • Wilderness Art
  • Take down bow saws
  • Bow making
  • Clay
  • Knife law and legalities of Bushcrafting
  • Paracord 'Things'
  • Nettle brooms
  • Forging
  • Sharpening
  • Green wood working
  • Netting needles or NW Pacific fish hooks
  • Kolrosing
  • Moth traps
  • Dye extraction
  • Printing with plant dyes
  • Insect ID
  • Traditional rope splicing
  • Navigation
  • Fly Swatters!
  • Needlework book marks
  • Exploratory Writing
  • Wild Swim - Maybe!
  • Fire skills
  • Bottle cap containers
  • Cooking
  • one pot challenge
  • Boomerangs
  • Atlatl throwing
  • Lashings
  • Cool dyed Leather purses
  • and more
I see a major issue with all these workshops Tony... Simply how the heck will we find the time to fit them all in? :lmao:

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Tony, A sam brown has a strap which runs front left, over the right shoulder and ends back left. A belt and brace effect.

Reactions: Tony

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Invented by a one armed British officer to help him draw his sword - it actually has 2 shoulder straps but normally only one is worn ....
I will be bringing my rope twisting machine and my Flint and steel fire lighting teaching kit ..if that is of interest to anyone...

HeatherS

Apr 22, 2012
Horwich
Invented by a one armed British officer to help him draw his sword - it actually has 2 shoulder straps but normally only one is worn ....
I will be bringing my rope twisting machine and my Flint and steel fire lighting teaching kit ..if that is of interest to anyone...
Rope twisting machine sounds really interesting.
I did a little workshop on nettle cordage with the scouts a couple of weeks ago. It would be nice to see the next level to this.

Reactions: John Fenna

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I will be doing the Kolrosing workshop again which has proved popular before and also some basic traditional rope work.

Although I’m no expert on rope work, I can show people a short splice, back splice and a loop splice which are all very useful to know when working with traditional three strand ropes.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
On a less formal basis, there are usually crafty things happening around the Steam Tent corner.

We think of them as “Craft Jams” where people just sit and work on whatever they are up to or into, in a generally creative social group.

I have a few jobs I will be working on, I think Aaron will be doing the same and we hope others will come and join us in the camp.

We have a couple of spare chairs but probably a good idea to bring your own. We should also have some shelter areas set up as well.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I plan on bringing a my selection of fire lightings bits for people to try. I was main thinking a children's session.... I'll see what happens

Reactions: Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE