Latest acquisition.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
image_zpsaf2246f4.jpg

Had an email today, informing that a chap had his neighbours bloody cat bring in something that would be of interest to me. Sad it had to happen in the first place, but it will be preserved and used as an educational tool.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Both :) They are big beggars though huh? I get bank and field voles a lot round here and we do see the very occasional water vole. I'm always surprised by their size. Them gnashers in the face always call to mind a mini beaver when I see one :)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Not seen one up close...usually

look!

PLOP

:)

Haha! That's normally the case. I'm still waiting for my proper look at the UK's most voracious predator - the water shrew. Same bleedin' thing there, but it's a less audible plop, they're smaller and lightning fast!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I had pygmy shrews in my compost this year....funny wee whifflers. Makes a change from the normal bank voles!

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I used to watch them in early mornings at a sunrise when I'd be fishing quietly in a lake. Amazing how brave they are compared to usual voles... or blind maybe? :) Cute animals indeed. My grandpa used to keep Nutria, for their felt and meat (both are great!) I think they're easy to keep and breed so I'm thinking of getting some too :D

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Damn shame. There aren't too many of Ratty about anymore. We had shrews here too - they seemed to turn up their toes in our front yard with depressing regularity. Too many cats in the world.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Both :) They are big beggars though huh? I get bank and field voles a lot round here and we do see the very occasional water vole. I'm always surprised by their size. Them gnashers in the face always call to mind a mini beaver when I see one :)

Me too, on the beavers! We don't get them around here, just the field and bank voles.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
He's going to make Roman food a la "Life of Brian". Otter noses, voles teeth, starlings livers, get 'em while they're hot...

Judean Peoples Front?

Splitters!

Can you do us a "how to get stuffed" tutorial Bushwacker? It would fascinate me :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE