Trip Report Last minute trip out in the sun.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Few pics from the weekend.

Last minute I was given a pass due to lovely grandparents stepping in to mind the bairns :)

So off to a good friends woodland to take in some much needed sun.

Not much on the cards due to lack of planning but still some things to keep us entertained.
We were Both feeling a little "stretched".. to say the least due to life, the universe and everything in between. SO.. there would be no roughin it this weekend!

Lovely late spring sunshine whilst choosing a new hang. The woodland owner has done a lot of butchery to regenerate some old coppice, do some planting and let some light through. Perfect panorama for my camp, also east facing :)

Ar33rC7.jpg

DZYxRTt.jpg

Friday night we had to quickly arrange a tarp to keep the rain off. So Saturday it was time for the chute and typically it sprung the sunshine from the cloud.

YAJViPH.jpg

kACd15W.jpg

Sun being out we tried the old parabolic mirror. Shocked at the results! Char-cloth lit in a couple of seconds and cramp balls even damp dried in no time and lit.

y2d7QNf.jpg

Breakfast was bacon and egg muffins. Lunch/tea starter was scallops with panchetta. Tea was trout in the trad stick method with steamed veg and baby spuds with salted butter and wild garlic.... I did say we were not gonna rough it!

YZSGoil.jpg

AkDM70b.jpg

Besides that we drank more beer that we aut, had a laugh listening to some music at night and enjoyed the spring sun.

Roll on the next trip.

Reactions: Macaroon and Toddy

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
On the way to Arisaig Saturday morning. Can't wait. No bushcrafting, just picking mussels and cooking, eating and reading, watching (hopefully!) Sea otters and making sure that offspring and friend don't have a signal or Wi-Fi

Reactions: scottisha5

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE