Large Leather Picture Frame

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Another project to show off here. A neighbour saw me photographing some of my work a few weeks ago and asked if i would frame a picture for her. The picture is 20" X 24". We settled on a design and she gave me some custom designs to tool so i got to work. i finished it off this morning and snapped some shots of it before i left the boat, though they havent turned out very well so will most likely get some better pictures next week

The picture is sandwhiched between a hard backing and some thin perspex which can clip on and off. the leather is glued on top of the perspex. We settled on this because she wanted the picture protected by perspex and wanted to be able to change the picture in the frame if need be so this was the easiest option
The symbols at the top are raiki symbols of healing. and the bottom is the tripple moon goddess.

Edit: just took some better pictures

cimg3093s.jpg

cimg3098a.jpg

cimg3095.JPG

I also made this chalk pouch for climbing for my brothers birthday

cimg3063a.jpg

thanks for looking

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
neat work as always, and I especially like that pouch. I can think of multiple uses for that. Catapult shooters would find it handy for ammo for a start.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Interesting idea. I've made a few wooden frames for my own paintings in the past so I can really appreciate the neatness of those 45° angles. :)

The pouch is fantastic, it's just calling out to be fondled.....great stuff.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice one Hamish, the frames great tying the picture to it with the symbology. Nice to see something different too. Also like the chalk bag - your Bro will be chuffed there.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That frame is impressive indeed but I have to say the designs pressed into really float my boat. Love those especially! As for the nosebag, that looks really classy too. Good to see you're not afraid to take on projects that are out of the ordinary. :notworthy

PS Gonna have another attack on my leather Kindle cover today. I couldn't make up my mind how I wanted it to go, so rather than start it and not know what the end result would be I figured I'd wait until I knew for sure the destination I wanted it end up at. If I'm within a few feet of it I'll be happy. Might even be a big bwave boy and post the result here.

Like Colin (crosslandkelly) said +1 on those mitres too. :You_Rock_

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
A great idea for making a clip frame tolerable. I never did like the look of those things, but with one of your frames attached, I can even see one hanging here someday!

Sadly, I can only think of about 50 different uses for the chalk bag, but, hey, the day's not over yet!

Great work as always, Hamish!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Nice picture frame! I like the picture that's in it too. And that pouch could also be useful for gathering wild foods. Or carrying a water bottle. So many uses:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE