lapplander 115

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Do any of you fellow bushcfafters use one of these? its a Frosts Lapplander 115mm Ive had mine years but never used it much as it was bought for me as a skinner when I used to shoot and ferret a lot. When the shooting stopped i put it away and just oiled it now and then . I used a survival knife and a SAK for my camp chores and bush tasks and never realised what a little gem it was. Ive seen them on a couple of sites and they are about £70 which I think is great as it seems to fulfil most of my requirements.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I bought a 115 blank from Attleborough and fitted my own handle to it (I posted a picture of it on a thread called Knife Projects, I think). It takes a fantastic edge (scandi ground) but is slightly disappointing with sparks from a firesteel. It's nicely balanced, good for carving, good for game preparation with the clip point blade and at 3mm thick, strong enough for most bushcraft tasks. My only reservation is use with the firesteel and I keep trying to refine my technique in case I'm spoilt through using an F1 or carbon steel at other times. I'm sure it wouldn't let us down if it was the only knife available.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
falcon said:
I bought a 115 blank from Attleborough and fitted my own handle to it (I posted a picture of it on a thread called Knife Projects, I think). It takes a fantastic edge (scandi ground) but is slightly disappointing with sparks from a firesteel. It's nicely balanced, good for carving, good for game preparation with the clip point blade and at 3mm thick, strong enough for most bushcraft tasks. My only reservation is use with the firesteel and I keep trying to refine my technique in case I'm spoilt through using an F1 or carbon steel at other times. I'm sure it wouldn't let us down if it was the only knife available.
Got a Kankaanpaa Leku which is a similar thing from Brisa, with the antler handle I put on it is about my favorite knife and when teamed up with a staffie billhook and Puukoo does everything. This one dosn't spark too well either but the hook creates plenty of fireworks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE