lanturns

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Go onto e-bay and type Vapalux, a few will come up, other than that Base-Camp sell all the spares. You may also pick them up in some army surplus stores.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
The link to BR thread is here and reading the thread he got it off the bay of E with spares and reflector from basecamp

If you do a search on ebay for vapalux or tilley you'll get loads of hits, I'm a tilley man myself. My answer to BRs photo* ;) campchair in a field beside the Spey, lamp perched on a coolbox, measuring out the boiling water for the custard :D

PICT0139.jpg

Cheers,

Alan

* not my photo

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Those answers are pretty close. The lamps new are quite pricey (you can still get new ones) but they cost £90+. Very good condition second hand ones are generally in the £30 - £50 (brass ones more than painted - which is odd - since the painted ones are painted brass!).

The top reflector did indeed come from base camp - they do a great kit with the top reflector, funnel and 3 spare mantles for £12.

I would suggest a service kit too for £7 (washers etc.).

You are probably also looking at c. £10 postage on a lamp and maybe a fiver or so from base camp.

Say £45 (lamp), £12 (top reflector), £7 (service kit) and £15 postage - maybe £80 all up?

Great photo BTW Alan :D

Red

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Drew
Check out the Carboot sales over the summer. Ive pick-up three pressure lanterns over the last few years. The most I paid was £15 for a Tilley in mint condition still in its box dated 1972. Cheers Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE