langdale trip (pic heavy)

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
Just got back from a great trip this weekend. We spent 2 nights in langdale, the lakes. Beautiful place. Slightly windy when it wants to be :p Went with two friends matt and mike. Impressed with myself because I used everything in my pack that I had taken, and needed no other than a wee knife, which mike had on him anyway. Still weighed in at 13kg and was a bit of a killer on the steeper inclines so I will be on the look out for a load of new kit now :35:

we arrived at the hotel parking at 8.30, and pretty much set of asap as it was pretty much dark. We trecked up stickle gyhll to stickle tarn where we camped for the first night. The next morning we went up inbetween harrison stickle and pavey ark, past the pike of stickle, crossed stake pass and over gavel moor to angle tarn below esk pike where we had a wee break, then down puddy gyhll past great end to sprinkling tarn where we stayed the night, looking over to great gable. Lovely little tarn, teeming with fish. The next morning we set off back to angle tarn then down rosett ghyll and mickleden back to the car. Great weekend! enjoy the pics.

sunset from the car on the way there
langdaletrip61.jpg

morning view of pavey ark and stickle tarn
langdaletrip65.jpg

harrison stickle
langdaletrip69.jpg

first nights camp
langdaletrip71.jpg

between harrison stickle and pavey ark
langdaletrip72.jpg

looking accross to pavey arc on the way up
langdaletrip.jpg

last sight of stickle tarn
langdaletrip6.jpg

mart crag and glarmara in the background
langdaletrip27.jpg

looking over to rosett ghyll
langdaletrip13.jpg

matt staring over at bow fell... dramatic eh?
langdaletrip17.jpg

angle tarn and esk pike
langdaletrip25.jpg

looking over to great gable
langdaletrip48.jpg

down to sprinkling tarn
langdaletrip35.jpg

trees!!!
langdaletrip38.jpg

made it to the tarn
langdaletrip40.jpg

nice sunset
langdaletrip42.jpg

sunday, walking back to esk pike
langdaletrip47.jpg

looking down mickleden
langdaletrip51.jpg

looking back up rosett gyhll
langdaletrip56.jpg

dungeon ghyll
langdaletrip59.jpg

back to the car, view up stickle ghyll
langdaletrip60.jpg

cheers

J

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i love sprinkling tarn one of my 2 favourite places in the lakes (with innominate tarn). have you tried jack's rake on pavey ark?

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
it was a great weekend really refreshing. I've not tried it but there were plenty of other guys that came up in the morning to do so. Im not really the climber type but I imagine I will try it someday, I wouldnt mind going back there at all :) I will deffo take a look at innominate tarn.

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
nah pete I didnt but there were loads of others doing it, I think If we had gone up for the day we would have done, matt in the pics is a bit of a climbing freak he had to stop himself lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE