Ex SAS Range Rover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C559012

A snip at 50k

p3NAuqS.jpg

Delivered to the 22nd SAS Regiment Stirling Lines Hereford on December 8th 1988 by Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations. It then spent the rest of it's operational life based in London at the Regents Park Barracks and used to transport the rapid response team in and around London. Four two door models were ordered by the SAS during late 87 (two green, one red, one blue) however the other three were crushed in the early 90's. Each of the initial four were ordered to specific SAS requirements to include-2 door bodyshell (production officially discontinued 1985), full internal roll cage, twin batteries, 12v/24v split charge facility, Uzi 9mm machine gun rack, high compression SD1 engine with twin SU carburetors (instead of fuel injection), short stick manual transmission, map reading lights, satellite phone, flashing blue lights (working), sirens, twin aerials, helicopter tie down rings, NATO tow hook, military and civilian registration plates. Also included in the history file is the original SAS order document and Chinook helicopter loading instructions. The original special forces chassis plate is still attached. This is a very special and unique classic Range Rover which even had it's own Chinook helicopter on standby when in service! Arguably more collectable than a Suffix A or CSK. Viewing in Knightsbridge, London.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice, makes me think of Lewis Collins running down a corridor with an MP5

Funny, I was just watching that the other week, was having a "Professionals" kick and decided to watch "Who Dares" as well.

I do still think the Classic Range Rover is a beautiful looking motor.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I think I shall stick my Mitsu on Ebay complete with an embellished history that I bought it off a retired Ninja. Since Ninja's are all very secret and all, you won't be expecting any paperwork to go with that will you?

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Very nice , just rewriting my letter to santa :)

I had a 2 door with a v8 big grin factor , people complained about the body roll while cornering but that was half the fun .

xylaria

Crickey I need a motor with a shelf for an uzi, no wait it needs to fit a browning high powered under the seat and be able to do halo because I dont use uzis. Nudge nudge wink wink say no more.
Does it come with a balaclava or a fuzzed out face with a mk1 tash, or do I have to provide my own.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Crickey I need a motor with a shelf for an uzi, no wait it needs to fit a browning high powered under the seat and be able to do halo because I dont use uzis. Nudge nudge wink wink say no more.
Does it come with a balaclava or a fuzzed out face with a mk1 tash, or do I have to provide my own.

No; but there are a his n hers set of black postcards for photo sessions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
John Browning didn't design a bad gun did he- so many classic designs were his - the 1911, the Winchester 1895, The M2 machinegun. As good as they were though, the modern, double stacked, polymer framed, striker fired handguns are better. But soulless.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
He didn't just get the workings right, he had the ergonomics right (I haven't shot in many years btw, can't call myself a shooter anymore).

Two guns I'd love to try are the BAR and a Colt-browning 45 acp. Both absolute classics of design.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE