Lanark Medieval Fair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Does anyone know if this is taking place this year and if so when. If so who's going as I hope to go back this year with a few more pennies in my pocket compared to last year.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Uhuh :D

Lanark Medieval Festival runs over the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd August.

http://www.lanarkmedievalfestival.co.uk/

I'll be there, Eric Methven is planning to be there too, and most of the Scots forum members who do any re-enacting will probably be found carrying peculiarly unbushcrafty sharps and shinies......and steel hats :rolleyes: :D

Seriously it's a good day out, if you're there come and say hello, I've got a fire site and we'll pop the cauldron on for tea/coffee. :)

cheers,
M

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Thanks Johan, Mary. Yep definately coming to this one, as I enjoyed it last year but did not bring nearly enough spendy tokens so making sure I bring a few more this time round. I think Barn Owl is heading over too. Is there any camping areas nearby Mary?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you become part of one of the groups there's free camping on site..........d'you remember Rusty ? He came to visit at Dave and Liz's........brought spears for Russ and Nathan to try out with ? His group is down your end of the country and they're usually on the lookout for capable new members. I can find contact numbers if that would help ?
There are a few others around too.
I generally just go home since it's about half an hour down the road. Gives me a break, a shower, a good nights sleep to recharge for the next day.
Be good to see you there too :D

cheers,
M

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Oh definately coming to this one Mary but just spoke to SWMBO and playing out overnight is out, I'm grounded it seems LOL. Looking forward to having a look round and to seeing you all again, it's been a wee while since our last meet and must be about time for another soon. Make sure the kettle's nice and hot, most likely coming over on the Saturday for the day.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
Uhuh :D

Lanark Medieval Festival runs over the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd August.

Aahh, I'll be roughing it in a different way, thousands of miles away in the Falklands winter.... Maybe next year !

P.S.

Yes, I am based at RAF Leuchars.... I have 'some' knowledge of what happened regarding the recent Tornado crash in Argyll, but I can not/Will not answer questions regarding this matter - there is an ongoing official enquiry.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Eric won't manage up, his missus has been in hospital and he's needed at home.

This means that there will only be me and Jim (the woodturner) using the big tent. It also means we're going to struggle with the fire if the weather forecasts are right. I usually do some dyeing and we cook on the fire, but if there's only two of us it doesn't really give spare time for it. Eric's grandson is a useful lad to have arround :cool:
We might just keep it simple this year so don't be too disappointed if we can't offer a fireside seat.
I'll still have the tablet though :D so come and say hello. I'll stash a couple of folding stools/ chairs too so there'll be a seat.

cheers,
M

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I think I've managed to talk Mrs C into coming along on the Sunday :D Saturday looks better weather but I've got an archery comp on.

Cheers,

Alan

PS Will swap you 2 kids for a bit of tablet, bargain! (for me!!) maybe two bits, don't want to undersell myself ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There's loads for the kids to see, lots of traders (not just historical stuff either) and there are always the battles :rolleyes: :D

Looking forward to this now, I was getting a bit hmmmm about it thinking about wet we got last time, but I seem to have taken a notion to it again :approve:

Good to see folks, :D

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE