Laminated picture card translation thingies???

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I’m one of those people who seem to pick up the basics of language easily. My wife finds it both extremely annoying and incredibly helpful.

It’s far from perfect, but a few weeks of duo lingo before you head out to your destination helps a ton!

May 17, 2020
Wales
I’m one of those people who seem to pick up the basics of language easily. My wife finds it both extremely annoying and incredibly helpful.

It’s far from perfect, but a few weeks of duo lingo before you head out to your destination helps a ton!

Duo Lingo seems a wonderful tool, I have not played with that (but my son is using it for his hobby).

I quite like languages, though have to graft at them - the thing is, it seems an exercise in learning the world from a differing perspective, not just the nuts and bots of communication.

Possibly that is why I like going to the trees as well.

(I don't talk to the trees. Well, alright I do. They don't talk back. Yet).

Reactions: FerlasDave

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Duo Lingo seems a wonderful tool, I have not played with that (but my son is using it for his hobby).

I quite like languages, though have to graft at them - the thing is, it seems an exercise in learning the world from a differing perspective, not just the nuts and bots of communication.

Possibly that is why I like going to the trees as well.

(I don't talk to the trees. Well, alright I do. They don't talk back. Yet).

That is where Duo Lingo is useful. It’s been designed for us to learn in a much more natural way, you’ll find random words will stick in your head for a while rather than things you might think useful. I urge anyone here to give it a try, just note that sometimes the pronunciation for things is a bit iffy.

Maybe the trees don’t speak your language…

• Haha
Reactions: ShinyKitSyndrome
May 17, 2020
Wales
That is where Duo Lingo is useful. It’s been designed for us to learn in a much more natural way, you’ll find random words will stick in your head for a while rather than things you might think useful. I urge anyone here to give it a try, just note that sometimes the pronunciation for things is a bit iffy.

Maybe the trees don’t speak your language…

My other half says the same thing when I talk to the cat.

Cats would ignore me, no matter what language I spoke to them in...

• Haha
Reactions: FerlasDave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE