Kydex F1 MOLLE sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
Rapidboy devised and made this sheath for me; I spent a pleasant morning with him looking at various options, but the final design and execution is his.

My F1 normally lives in a very nice leather double dangler (made by Dougster), but I'm off to sandy places later this year and wanted a sheath that a) could be securely attached to MOLLE webbing and b) would cope with dust and sand.

The sheath is essentially the same as the one shown elsewhere on BCUK that Rapidboy has made for the Clipper; it's the MOLLE attachment that is different. The F1 is quite heavy, and I wanted to be sure that the sheath would be secure on the webbing, and wouldn't drag on the loops.

In the image below, the long loop that slides behind the MOLLE loops can be seen. It looks simple, but lots of thought has gone into it - the width is such that it can't wobble in the loops; it has an 'indentation' at the top that also helps with stability. An important factor for me is that it doesn't look Ramboesque, and isn't cluttered by pockets for sharpening stones or SAS-Ninja survival kit. BFO knives and warry sheaths are for sprogs.

MOLLE02.jpg

Here it's attached to my daysack (a 5.11 Rush 24), but of course it can be attached to anything that has 4 rows of MOLLE loops - an assault vest or body armour cover, for example; it could also be carried within a bag on a MOLLE panel such as the one sold by TAD Gear. the sheath holds the knife securely enough for it to be carried inverted if desired. It's rock solid, and doesn't move about at all. Crucially, the long back piece ensures that the knife handle doesn't stick out.

MOLLE01.jpg

Here's the sheath without the MOLLE carrier. It can accept a Tek-Lok, a kydex belt loop or neck attachment.

MOLLE03.jpg

For me, the beauty of this sheath is its simplicity and practicality. It performs its primary function superbly, but it also provides options for carrying the knife on a belt, in a pocket/bag or as a necker. It's also very well made.

I can't say how pleased I am with it; it really is a revelation in the flesh! :)

Rapidboy has some better pics of it that I hope he'll add to this thread.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Very nice! i am on the waiting list for the clipper sheath.

Great work AGAIN RB!!:notworthy

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
It was a pleasure to meet you and i hope it serves you well SP

Here are a few more pics.

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE