kuksa/kasa design inspiration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Exactly. I was working on a spoon last night that was made from very dry sycamore out of the log basket and it was such hard work. It is really stunning ripple sycamore and Robin couldn't bear to burn it so he made a spoon from it... and I was cursing him! It did look quite good at the end - I'll post a pic when it's oiled.

It is amazing how hard sycamore can get although when very green it is a dream to carve

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
There is some fantastic Kuksa carving going on here guys, really nice indeed. Its posts like this that have inspired me to have a go myself.

Thanks guys.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Same here
I'm about halfway through one now, its mostly shaped I've just got to finish and cure it (its sitting in its very own sandwich bag for tonight)

I'll take some pics, but I can't post them ATM as XP has decided it doesn't like my camera driver :)censored: Microsoft :banghead: :banghead: )

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk

Nice kuksa John,
if you stick
instead of after each pic name then they appe...r message comes with [IMG] tags done for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE