Kuksa attempt no.3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clay*pigeon

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2010
W. Scotland
After two failed attempts ( first is now a small bowl, second is firewood!) Small kuksa from stump found at the beach.

Remains of stump, full of grit, chain didn't like it much.

DSCN3699_zpsbmazgne2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Inside and oiled to rehydrate it. I'll give it another go tommorrow to remove some marks.

DSCN3700_zpst7f62ey6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Very nice job indeed, Will it be your Christmas tipple cup?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Looks great! It looks like it would have been very hard work to carve that, so it's good that this attempt has been successful.

clay*pigeon

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2010
W. Scotland
What wood is it?

I don't really know, it came off a beach near Skipness, on the Firth of Clyde, near where the Isle of Arran ferry docks at Cloanig. It could be oak as it was extremely hard.
Hope to fill it with Bruichladdich, well maybe not fill it, cos it holds 1/2 a pint !!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks right, doesn't it? :D Good kuksa just in time for the festivities :D

I have to say that if it came off that biggish lump behind to the right, then it looks awfully like a chunk of hornbeam that's slowly drying out in my greenhouse just now.

M

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
My first Kuksa ended up as a small bowl also, you're Kuksa is full of character and even better for being made from driftwood. Keep a eye on that knot as it is in a structural location it may loosen and fall out over time, if it does become loose a splash of epoxy will sort it out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE