kuksa and spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Spamel - you could try mixing up some of the sawdust from the kuksa with epoxy and fill in the hole with it - then sand it away.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That is a good idea, but I'm not sure how it would look in the end. Saying that, it would be a talking point I suppose, and it would still be useable. The burl was about the size of a large orange, and it will look like a small bowl in the end. There isn't enough wood to put a finger hole in so it will be held like a small bowl in the hand. I think I will do as you say though, it would be a shame to waste the burl.

Culicoidis

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2005
Wiltshire
leon-b said:
i love the kuksa how hard was it to make?
thanks leon

Not that difficult, once I had roughed out the shape it was just a case of gouging out the cavity.
I used the small sloyd (sp?) knife from axminster, quite cheap and carbon steel, to tidy up the outside. I worked on it little and often to prevent cutting off to much as I have done on pieces in the past.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE