kuala lumpur airport

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
i know there are a couple of members based in KL. Ive been in the airport for 12 hours already and got another 12 hours to wait till my flight.

Any suggestions?? im not very impressed so far...

kuala lumpur international airport wins the prize for the worst airport in the world. Wifi has only just started working after 12 hours. they have no form of lounge of any kind. there are no public charging points. the local food costs more than mcdonalds. the security guard actually tried to tell me i couldnt sleep on the chairs (there are about 100 chairs for an aiport serving litrally 10's of thousands each day) and its BLOODY COLD!!! im wearing a ski jacket in the middle of malaysia! its 35 degrees outside and the AC in here is cold enough for me to store meat on the table!

even the low cost carrier terminal down the road has a lounge! i should have just stayed there instead!

hahaha o well. im on my way back to pies, CHEESE and bread.... wine..... cider.... reliable public transport (ish), central heating, a gas cooker, a fridge!!!! warm showers.... this is a never ending list that is making more impatient so i will stop there...

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Sorry, no suggestions other than what you said -think about home. There's no place like home....Sure makes a person be thankful for what they've got. Good luck

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
i know there are a couple of members based in KL. Ive been in the airport for 12 hours already and got another 12 hours to wait till my flight.Any suggestions?? im not very impressed so far...kuala lumpur international airport wins the prize for the worst airport in the world. Wifi has only just started working after 12 hours. they have no form of lounge of any kind. there are no public charging points. the local food costs more than mcdonalds. the security guard actually tried to tell me i couldnt sleep on the chairs (there are about 100 chairs for an aiport serving litrally 10's of thousands each day) and its BLOODY COLD!!! im wearing a ski jacket in the middle of malaysia! its 35 degrees outside and the AC in here is cold enough for me to store meat on the table!even the low cost carrier terminal down the road has a lounge! i should have just stayed there instead! hahaha o well. im on my way back to pies, CHEESE and bread.... wine..... cider.... reliable public transport (ish), central heating, a gas cooker, a fridge!!!! warm showers.... this is a never ending list that is making more impatient so i will stop there...
It's not the worst airport in the world by a long shot.....Go and have a look at the trees..There are public charging points up by the coffee shop above the main atrium. Plus my wifi worked really well there.Have fun....

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
It's not the worst airport in the world by a long shot.....Go and have a look at the trees..There are public charging points up by the coffee shop above the main atrium. Plus my wifi worked really well there.Have fun....

awwww no need to take things quite so literally.... im absolutly exhausted and after six months in the jungle im dreading my return to the uk.....

i have found a coffee shop who is sympathetic and letting me charge everything en mass and the wireless is working intermittently....

my local airport in borneo is a shed with a man with some binoculars in looking out for the plane.... so its not all that bad here.... ;)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
you're wrong... THAT title goes to vancouver!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Nah, the worst airport in the world award goes to Heathrow without a doubt:p, i spent 23 years travelling through that hell hole for work on an almost weekly basis, hate the place.:(

Houston is pretty bad with shops sporadically placed, pretty grey and security who insisted I sit in the security waiting room along with possible illegal immigrants after they couldn't read my passport on their machines. Nice way to make you feel welcome to the good old US.

Saying that on the opposite side there is Schipol airport in the Netherlands, which I have to say is one of the best ones I have been to yet plenty of shops to get lost in.

timf2009

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2009
Hamburg Germany
My vote would be split between Sheremetyevo in Moscow - old run down & nothing to do plus the joy of the local border guards, and Borispol in Kiev. As above only smaller.

Enjoy getting back to Blighty!

Dec 16, 2007
I would say Bodrum in turkey. Just for the fact I turned up at night and the local men were just learing over my wife. Don't like Turkey.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE