kopis knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
ok this the first of a pair of large cutting knives , its based on the greek kopis , the famed blade of alexander the greats army , and believed to be the forerunner for the also famed napalese kukri \ gurkha knife.

constructed from 4mm thick o1 tool steel with a differential temper , meaning the cutting edge is hard to retain the cutting edge, and the spine - ricaso and tang all spring tempered for flexability.

the blade its self is 27 cm or 10 3\4" long 5cm or 2" at the widest point . it has a convex grind for strength when chopping , this is a superior grind for chopping tools in my mind as the cross section is stronger than a flat grind. blade is satin finnished .

the handle is a very nice piece of cocobolo wood with multipal brass pins and single lanyard tube.

the sheath is made from 3 thicneses of leather , hand brushed dye effect that ranges from light tan to dark brown at the edges and very dark brown on the back, it has a bras rectangle hoop and a belt hanger for better movement when walking etc .

asking price is £185 which covers paypal fees and firstclass recorded delivery .

ok pictures .

Last edited:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Generally that's not my kind of thing ,but that's a belter ,a lot of knife for not that much money , good luck with your sale .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE