Knotwork book cover and belt pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey everyone here is another book cover i made for a member here. It was to be a gift for his mother and was to house a folder for recipes. I was given a nice brief on what to carve and we agreed on using a nice turqoise stone as the retention on it so off i went i hope you like it

cimg2754.jpg

cimg2757i.jpg

cimg2761m.jpg

cimg2759.jpg

to give an indication of size the missus took a picture of me holding it to go on the website

cimg2770h.jpg

It was a real fun project to work on and will make a lovely gift. Thanks Rod :)

This week i also made another belt pouch for a member here. He wanted a soft pouch flap with oak leaves and acorns and bone toggles and beads

cimg2791p.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
My Mum loves it Hamish!!! You really managed to take my ideas and make it stunning. She's already planning to add more pages to the recipe book she made for my sister & eventually I think she'll get them all published again into a book to go inside the cover and pass on to a grandchild.

I'm looking forward to how it'll look in a few years time, when it's got the marks of use, although I've promised I'll keep it oiled. I think it'll age so nicely.

I'll probably have to get something like that for prospective the mother in law next ;) - seriously, after both her daughers are married (a couple of years away) a combined photo album would be made really special with one of your covers.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Wow, fantastic work ( again ) as above, love the knotwork, love the pouch... oh what the hell, love the lot, keep up the good work.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
i love all your work Dread, beautifull and original. Hoping to get you to do some stuff for me at a later date. Nice boat by the way. That's the life.

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
cracking detail and art work there mate!

(what's it like living on the water when the winds and weather get really rough?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE