Knivsmed Stromeng Sami Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Has anyone got one of these knives? I'm looking at the KS5 or KS7.

Online reviews on YT look good and the price is reasonably reasonable. I'd appreciate a current user review.

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G970F mit Tapatalk

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Yup, bought one for me and the good lady when we were last in Norway, direct from the factory. Very simple design, but very well make and solid. They were razor sharp and still hold a good edge. They do take a little getting used to as they are different style of knife to what i was used to. but great for heavier work, where an axe is a bit too much.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've only used the KS9, which I rate highly as a camp knife.

A good robust chopper without being overly heavy.

I used one of their blades to make my own custom version in the end.

Cutting-Crew-II1.jpg

As a matter of interest, I bought the one on the left at the Strømeng factory as well.

They told me it's what they do when they get bored of making production knives.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Yup, bought one for me and the good lady when we were last in Norway, direct from the factory. Very simple design, but very well make and solid. They were razor sharp and still hold a good edge. They do take a little getting used to as they are different style of knife to what i was used to. but great for heavier work, where an axe is a bit too much.
Would you say they are a good all rounder? Which knife size did you buy?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I've only used the KS9, which I rate highly as a camp knife.

A good robust chopper without being overly heavy.

I used one of their blades to make my own custom version in the end.

Cutting-Crew-II1.jpg

As a matter of interest, I bought the one on the left at the Strømeng factory as well.

They told me it's what they do when they get bored of making production knives.
Thanks for your reply. Which size is the knife on the left? It looks very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
We bought the 8" ones, not the biggest, but a nice size. For chopping, firesticks, butchery, they are really good. Not really good for fine work, but thats why they are paired with a Puukko.
As for being an allrounder, it's a tool, designed for a job, it's great at some things, and not at others. I try and use the right tool for the job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE