Knitting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Shelly doens't knit but she does a lot of crochet, hats, muffs, ear warmers etc, some lovely stuff.
It's not knitting but it's still wool :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP3230.jpg
    IMGP3230.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 88

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Everybody looks smart & cosy in the pictures there Tony. Are you being modest or taking the.picture? You'd look.smart in a hat & muff.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I am trying to learn knitting, but I never seem to have time for it, I have been knitting on the same pair of mittens for 1 year now :eek:

I am very happy that I have a mother who knits quite nicely. She makes the best and warmest Lopi sweaters! I love them!

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Hi Toni, that looks great yhanks for sharong ��

Arya, haha. I think for a while gave up �� do you have a picture of these Lopi sweaters? I also find Norwegian sweater style really Nice.
I found a Norlender and Devold Islender sweater at the second hand (charity) shop. I really realy like them.
Blessings!

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Lopi´s are in my opinion the most beautiful woolen sweaters in the world :)
I hope I will have time to learn how to knit them on my own some day. The odds are not in my favor when I think about my mittens, haha!

Here´s some pictures of different Lopi´s (from google):
http://www.birgirsdottir.no/Resource/File/501/787_01_2803_Genser_i_4_farger_large.JPG

http://islina.se/shop/23336/art36/h3199/11433199-origpic-2d6620.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-baiYAgOqaiU/Thc3HpWRhwI/AAAAAAAAAQA/EsKu9dP5XwU/s1600/DSC_0806.JPG

There are so many patterns, and so many beautiful color combinations possible! And I have never felt cold wearing one.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Aha!
Cool thanks for posting
That means I found a lopi vest (Norlender brand) in the charity shop ��

I love it �� sort of royal blue, cerulean blue and white with metal floral pattern botton. Teally airy, warm and natural feel

You should make some lopis! So Nice to learn from your mum, one to one lesson from Your best girlfriend ��
Blessings Arya!

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
You found it in a charity shop? That is a lucky finding! They are very expensive if one has to buy them new, and are rarely seen I second hand shops. Good for you! :)
I want to be buried in one of mine, haha!

You don't happen to have a picture of the one you've got?

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Thank you Arya! yes I was very blessed, but the earth and thus the Lord provides :) hehe Really I am very happy and lucky indeed
thank you for your interest!
too back you don't live nearby because I would love to see how Lopi Sweaters are made at home in Norway :)
I took some pictures especially for you

DSC_0095_zpsozy058xu.jpg

DSC_0096_zpsb1ly17vs.jpg

DSC_0097_zpssdpln1no.jpg

DSC_0098_zpstur92qdw.jpg

DSC_0099_zpss2asmzm4.jpg

Hope you like m ?

Last edited:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Ooooh, it looks super nice! I love the colors!
I can see that it has been knitted in a much lighter yarn than mine, so it is probably more comfortable to wear when the temperatures rise above -10.
My sweaters are so thick and heavy, I felt like I was going to have a heat stroke a couple of days ago in -18, chopping down trees.

If I ever sit down long enough to learn to knit them, I will personally invite you to my knitting congress :lmao:
"How to knit a Lopi and come out alive in the end, without a straitjacket".

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
thank you Arya!
Yes I also really love the colours. Sort of heavenly blue, ceruleum and Kings blue or something...so soothing. I have blue eyes and blonde hair (sort of northern look, but the length of a frenchman!) so suits me too! :)
It is not too heavy indeed. But still very wooly, so I is much warmer then those synthetic fleeces (sorry to mention them, I sold them all) or a lambswool sweater.

I will travel per train to the congress when time comes :) :)

Maybe you also have Lopi sweater pictures? Of your mum? I love to see the pattern.

all the best

Maurice

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
If you have the colors of a northerner then those colors should suit you very well!

You know, I HAD photos of my Lopi´s, but for some reason I can´t find them now :p
I only found one photo, but the pattern is clearly visible. I think the pattern of this sweater is called "Æði", and is a Unisex pattern.

Lopi sweater by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

The other one is of another pattern, and has white, grey and beige colors. Picture coming up one of these days!

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
�� thank you

Yeah really nice! What makes them so nice is that they make a harmony of the person who wears them, the sweater, wool, pattern and nature.
Ps light blue would also do magic on you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE