Knife wanted for trade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gobbiner

Feb 2, 2014
RHUBARB CIRCLE
Thanks for all the advice guys, Ive just bought a Opinel No8 off Amazon ill stick with this seems a bit frail to me but im told by a user that he hasnt broke one yet

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The Opinel will serve you well; I cut a lot of Hazel and Holly blanks every year and use my oppy to trim them up, it's lighter to carry than the other options mentioned here and does the job neatly and quickly and mine last for years, they're certainly not frail................If you find it to be on the small side just get yourself a no. 10 or 12 some time in the future :)

gobbiner

Feb 2, 2014
RHUBARB CIRCLE
The Opinel will serve you well; I cut a lot of Hazel and Holly blanks every year and use my oppy to trim them up, it's lighter to carry than the other options mentioned here and does the job neatly and quickly and mine last for years, they're certainly not frail................If you find it to be on the small side just get yourself a no. 10 or 12 some time in the future :)
Thank you for that, some good news for a change:You_Rock_ makes me feel happier about the opinel good to hear its lasted you and not frail cheers:D

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Opinels are infamous for being cheap and tough, very very light in the hand but for controlled or push cuts it'll excell as it has an uber thin blade/flat ground blade. Excellent knives indeed, and easy to keep sharp.

Let us know how you get on dude, it doesn't really matter what knife you have, its your ability to use it that matters.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE