Knife making competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...ok....i'm still none the wiser but feel i'm somehow involved in something larger and i dont know what it is or how it happened.

i'm not ''throwing my toys out....''....or have any opinion about anything....but i'm withdrawing from the comp unless told by others that i'm being silly and asked to return.

so...confused and gutted....i'm getting some sleep.

a

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No need to be getting wound up chaps, tis only a bit of fun.

For me - the reason mine isn't finished is that i spend most of my time making knives for other people. A commission will always take priority over something for fun. I was also sick recently for 3 weeks which put me behind on my commissions. Had to play catch up.

It's good to see people getting theirs done though, mine will be ready soon enough.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Because of the nasty pm's some members of this site sent me blaming me for southey leaving i no longer wish to take part.

1. report nasty posts to mods
2. Southey is a big boy and can take care of himself - if he chose to leave I doubt it's because of the actions of one individual, more likely the culmination of lots of things
3. This competition was supposed to JUST be a bit of fun
4. Are we having fun yet?

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I think some of you on here need to grow up, sending nasty pm's is very childish, Southey was a good lad and informative but.... hey! get a life.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Please lets back to knives!!!! Or me n mountain man are gonna start swapping biscuit recipes. :jacked:
Chocolate HobNobs
4 oz Flour
4oz Butter
3oz Castor sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tspn Bicarbonate of soda
4oz Porridge oats
2 tspn Golden syrup
½ tsp Vanilla essence
4oz Chocolate, melted
½ tsp Salt

• Cream the butter, golden syrup and sugar together, then add the vanilla essence.
• Mix the dry ingredients together well and combine the creamed butter mix in.
• With damp hands, form walnut sized balls and place these on a greased, floured baking tray, then flatten with the heel of your hand.
• Cook at 375 degrees/ GM 5 for 10-15 mins until spread and golden brown.
• Cool and spread the backs with melted chocolate, then cool and store.

You can make the biscuits plain but add a handful of well chopped ginger (use the crystalised ginger recipe but bottle it in its syrup rather than dry it). Cook for 15-20 mins.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Oh go on then :) As highly recommended by Man of Tanith and Mesquite for cooking in camp.... heres my auld mams recipe for Lemon Biscuits :)

25-30 50-60 (3x 20 roll)
6oz Butter 12oz
8oz Plain flour 1 lb
4oz Granulated sugar 8oz
1 ½ oz Granulated sugar to coat 2oz
1 Lemon ( ½ the juice and all of the rind) 2 rind, 1 juice
Coarsely granulated sugar or demerera to roll (OPTIONAL)
  • Cream the butter, sugar and lemon rind together.
  • Stir in the flour and lemon juice.
  • Knead the mix as a dough and form into a rolled sausage 1 or 2, each 1 ½ -2” diameter, roll in coarsely granulated sugar, then cover with cling film and rest in the fridge for ½ hr. It will keep in the fridge for about 3 days so can be cooked daily. Freeze if liked at this stage.
  • Grease and flour a baking sheet and cut the roll into ¼ “ rounds. Place onto the sheet allowing a good 2” space between them as they do spread during cooking.
  • Bake at GM5 (190 Celsius or 375 Fahrenheit) for 15 mins, turning half way through until lightly browned at the edges.
Apologies for the poor formatting- the smaller quantity is before the ingredients, the larger quantity is after the ingredients, if you wanna try the recipe, it is yummy :)

C'mon, mr mountainman! I'm determined to swamp this page so it goes away and we can get back on with the business of cooing over shineys!!

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Oh, young Bilmo, that just takes the biscuit.... :eek:

I went to the doctor and said "I keep thinking I am a packet of biscuits." He said "What kind of biscuits?" I said "Square ones with holes in." He said "You must be crackers."

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....ok....thanks to everyone who contacted me. i'm a sensitive sort and was genuinely gettin bothered by it all...i dont like seeing us lot arguing....sorta goes against the spirit of what we love.

anyway....i'm back in....but....on one condition....I WANT BISCUITS!!!!

A

ps....if you want to swap recipes i know a man.....hillbill....hes got some great toast ideas....(i'm gonna regret this) LOLOLOL!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE