knife job.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
recieved a comission from a lady bushcraft instructor yesterday morning,she wanted a 440 blade dressed and polished,matching firesteel and sheath,as she is in my neighbourhood for the wilderness gathering i had just 24 hours to do the job,so 5 hours later it was finished and here is the finished item:

blade 440s
scales dymondwood.

DSC02962.jpg

DSC02961.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

just hope she likes it,itll be at the wilderness gathering if anyone wants a peek.

thanks for looking.

BeerHunter

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2012
England
Very nice, and well done on getting it turned around in time.

What are the dimensions of the knife? It looks huge in the last pic (but it's probably the perspective)

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
very tidy!

I also like how it's unusual too.. it's vibrant, not scandi and made from 440! I bet she'll be chuffed mate :)

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Very nice, and well done on getting it turned around in time.

What are the dimensions of the knife? It looks huge in the last pic (but it's probably the perspective)

its only about 7 inches in length,ideal for a girl. the speed this was done is just a lot of practice over years in all the aspects of the skills needed ,i am in no way a knife maker as stated i only dressed a blank blade ,the sheath was very basic and was worked out by drawing on a bit of A4 then using that as the stencil,i believe anyone could do this project in the same time given patience and practice.

the woman collected her knife today on her way to the wilderness gathering and was very pleased ,i am just glad to have had the opportunity to do it,with not having a job i really enjoy this kind of challenge,i have worked a lot on production type jobs with limited time scales and it feels good to be doing a bit like this ,i just wish i had been born 60 years ago in sheffield and appreticed with one of the great English manufacturers of the time,so untill china implodes and stops making cheap carp (sp?) and the UK starts manufacturing again this maywell be the closest i come to a skilled job! ho hummmm........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE