Knife Insurance Cover Company Needed Please

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....as i'm going to be having knives with me on the circuit to sell this year i'm needing to up my insurance but i'm having a helluva time finding anyone....

even The Market Traders Association dont do it as they are classed as weapons.....no comment on that one.

any help appreciated...i've tried about ten now and my very limited telephone-patience has run dry....:)

regards

s

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Have you tried messaging some makers to see who they use?

Ben Orford, Hillbil, FGYT and others all would have the same problem I bet. Might make sense to ask over on BB as well

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo...yup mesquite, of course.....but i felt a bit uncomfortable directly asking a favour from someone who might see me as a rival business unless it was a good friend of mine like dave for instance....however his company will only cover blades if they are made by yourself...not if youre selling other peoples....dave also put me onto n.m.t.a.....see below....

hillbill has yet to hit the circuit....so he'll be needing ins. too....and so on...been quite frustrating so far.....think i'll drop sir fgyt and sir evans a pm....

s

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
What is the insurance to actually cover? can't understand why u need any except for loss.
One of my customers is a broker could ask for their help.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I think Dwardo has nailed this one.

I don't think that you will have any problems, in the unlikely event of a claim, particularly if your 'HAND TOOLS' are part of your business/employment.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
i'm hearing you brother but....the last 2 insurers who have covered us have asked 'will you be selling knives'.,...and the answer has always been no....so i'm presuming extra insurance is needed...so i've phoned a dozen up...including my own of course....and cant get cover.

ive tried wallace...they only cover if you make the blades yourself....i'm selling other peoples as well as my own in time....

s

Is this by the peoples organising the various events? I cant see our local market requiring this for the bloke who sells hardware like chisels, axes, saws etc etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE