Knife comp entry...Knife complete

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 14, 2012
uk
looking great a massive YES PLEASE to more WIP threads please up load photos as you continue with the handle and such life am wanting pics of this coffin shaped handle will you be make a sheath for it i was thinking some thing like this linky thingy here ;D

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers guys

Alf - I'll sort some pics out when i get chance, its nothing special though, just an axminster jobbie with an adjustable plate mod i did.

The Yew isn't going on it now, the balance felt wrong and i didn't like it, its having african blackwood instead, which gives a much better balance. Its not gonna be done until late. I'll get a few more pics up when the glue is drying on the handle :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Update...

Atm the handle is on, just waiting for the epoxy to cure. Some pics from today.

I started the day making the bolster, i decided to go with a coffin shape to match the handle.

P1020584_zpsfb9879a8.jpg

Thinning down the area that will be the guard

P1020586_zps89ab529c.jpg

Bolster roughly finished at this stage, I'll only get scratched if i put the finish on it now.

P1020592_zpsee43ec67.jpg

Drilling the handle, which is now African Blackwood, rather than yew.

P1020590_zps8f2bf6ce.jpg

Nice grain to it. :)

P1020591_zps5794e3fb.jpg

A dry fit, its a bit loose like this but wont be when complete. This gives you a good idea what it will look like, the handle needs shaping properly and refining, but that will be done when its all glued and pinned in place

P1020595_zpse82d8acc.jpg

P1020596_zpsc5ddc557.jpg

The bolster from the front.

P1020597_zpsacbe5768.jpg

P1020598_zps9454ad2b.jpg

Thats it thus far, i'll crack on again when the epoxy has cured in a bit.

Getting finished by midnight for the comp tho....... nailing helium to the floor springs to mind :D

Hope your enjoying it. :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Mate, it might be the morning now. Still about half hour before i can work it. I'm knackered having been up til 2 then having 2 hours kip, getting up to temper the blade the first time, 2 more hours kip, and up at 7 working. Been doing this since then, minus a couple of hours when i went to the dentists and picked Rach up from work. Not stopped all day. i have a feeling if i try do it tonight, i'll mess something up... That would not be a good day out :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cheers mate - it kept me up half the night thinking about what i could do with it. Is the guard small enough? :D

Looks about bob on. God to have a guard on an arkansas toothpick :)

If she comes up like she looks now, thats going to be one sweet knife

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE