Knapdale Forest

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
By where we camped is a sea loch. The last couple of Stephens photos are a freshwater loch that we walked along to get there.

If we'd been next to freshwater we'd have just scooped water out it and given it a boil for drinking. Having said that though it was nice to not even have to bother with that using the raintrap.

By where we camped is a sea loch. The last couple of Stephens photos are a freshwater loch that we walked along to get there.

If we'd been next to freshwater we'd have just scooped water out it and given it a boil for drinking. Having said that though it was nice to not even have to bother with that using the raintrap.

Ah, I see thanks. That shore looks completely different than the gulf of Mexico and the southern tip of Florida...the only salt water shores I am familiar with.

Rather have the water as it comes out of the sky myself. I used to collect all my water from rain water at one time. Did that for a couple of years.

Once again some really awesome pics. I saw the first of the falling leaves in the bed of my truck earlier today. I am sooo ready for a trip to the woods for a night or two. I'm ready to have a play with some recently acquired tools and enjoy a nice fire in peace.

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but it seems more suitable than starting a new one for a quick question. And it is a lovely trip report !

Im trying to decide on a trip for this weekend coming, Easter weekend, and this area looks a good possibility. Looks like plenty of good camp spots. But im wondering if anyone knows how safe it is in this area to leave a car for 2 nights or so? Mainly the 2 forestry car parks near the beaver loch, Loch Coille Bharr.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE