Kitchen knives and coconuts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the edged tools forum (because of the coconuts :D ) Please feel free to move it.

So here it is:

PICT0403_edited-1.jpg

These knives used to have horrible, perished rubber handles and didnt take an edge very well despite being hollow ground. But now they are shining beauty's with a sort of scandi grind and one (so far) has a nice beech handle :)
It was very hard work so to get away from the monotony of grinding metal with wet'n'dry I made a little bowl out of half a coconut shell. Its not shown up that well in the photo but I has some nice patterns on it and is a really rich deep brown.
:beerchug:
Cheers for looking

Andy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice work. What kind of steel are they?
I like the coconot bowl - I have made a coconut waterbottle and a coconut storage jar and feel that they are an underrated rescources!

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
John Fenna said:
Nice work. What kind of steel are they?
I like the coconot bowl - I have made a coconut waterbottle and a coconut storage jar and feel that they are an underrated rescources!

Hi John,

I think they are stainless steel, but what sort I can't tell you. The two smaller blades seemed to be softer than the big one but that could be just that there was more metal to remove from the big one.

I agree, coconuts rule :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE