Kit Storage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I have my gear stored in alphabetical order. It's all filed under M for Misc, in a Uni heap filing system at the end of the bed...

Things like sleeping bags I store in pillow cases, on the uni heap. My backpacks I hang off one of the bed uprights (benefits of a four poster bed), above the uni heap. For the most part I control the pile by not having too much kit. But I still end up with a summer and winter sleeping bag, 3 tents, bivvi bag, pair of tarps, etc...

I am finding "really useful boxes" are starting to appeal as a way of organising my kit that isn't quite so, um, heap like...

Just remember, when you think you have a good storage system for all your kit, you'll get another item, and the system will break...

J

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
I keep most of my stuff in my Bergen. Apart from my knives which are tidy in the knife draw, on trip of the knife draw, in the kitchen, in the bedside table, on the bedside table, on the dresser, on the shelf above the dresser and a few other bits dotted around.

I have a big oversized hard plastic bottom tool hold all. I keep everything in there that doesnt fit in my Bergen.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Seems a lot of people just do what I do and have a massive pile heap, except John who has now provided a list of where he stores his kit. ;)

I like the idea of a few shelves and those plastic boxes to keep some of the gear in. Like what you have Copper_head.

I am sure that when I start organising it and it is all neat and tidy in boxes it will be back to a pile heap on the floor again within a few months. :)

I would put stuff in the shed but its too damp in there at times and full of other crap.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mr C Heads boxes are for beginners - I am talking 2.5 foot by 18" boxes for serious gear collectors!
Thanks for the ideas everyone. Seems a lot of people just do what I do and have a massive pile heap, except John who has now provided a list of where he stores his kit. ;)

I like the idea of a few shelves and those plastic boxes to keep some of the gear in. Like what you have Copper_head.

I am sure that when I start organising it and it is all neat and tidy in boxes it will be back to a pile heap on the floor again within a few months. :)

I would put stuff in the shed but its too damp in there at times and full of other crap.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Mr C Heads boxes are for beginners - I am talking 2.5 foot by 18" boxes for serious gear collectors!

Now then Mr. Fenna, those little boxes are just for mere trifles and doodads. When I say a stack of tote boxes I means these ;).

DSC_0109_zpsvuaa5n2c.jpg

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Clothes kept in three bags, socks get used for winter time work. Rucksacks in cupboard or car depending. boots are scattered in cupboard too. I sometimes wonder, if i need to give stuff away. It lasts for 5 seconds with shake of the head. Hexi + gas are in the shed even mice refuse to eat hexi.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I got old wardrobe inners up in the loft, with rails and big baskets holding most of it. The rest goes in plastic storage tubs on a two tier bench I knocked up. Sleeping bags under the spare bed and mats on top of the wardrobe away from the cat :)

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Our spare room is a full time store for climbing, walking, camping, bushcraft and surfing gear. oh and the snorkelling stuff. Then my study has some too, and the wardrobes in our bedroom, and the cupboard under the stairs for boots.
oh, and some in the garden shed too.............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE