Kit recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
To be fair, my Sigg's cost me about £4.99 each. I've actually got some for the kids school lunch boxes even cheaper. Less money than the ones you buy in Sainsburys, and they dont leak. But Coke bottles do a great job (and much better than the rubbish at most 'cheap' outdoor shops), and I must admit that I've saved one or two other bottles as well. The central advice is right - put the bulk of your money towards the thing that will make the most difference, so the money towards a lighter better sleeping bag is a much better idea than Ti tent pegs, for instance.

I have seen GSI and Tatonka at TKMaxx, but only rarely! One other place to look for bargains is dept stores - Summer is offically over, and therefore the summer stuff is being cleared. That might mean FAKs, ziplock bags, and even clothing. Always worth a look. The place where I work had Light My Fire stuff a year or two back, and I got some decent deals at the end of the line.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE